Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underwear Kanban

• 25-04-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭

Alright people what are your stock levels.

Just throwing mine in the wash there and realise I am getting dangerously low and the quality has deteriated badly.
    Half of them I wouldn't wear going out or doing anything bar wearing them in work.
    Threw out 3 pairs there,
    Down to about 2 weeks worth now.

I like having a months supply of underwear and socks , cuts down on washing or any emergency situation where I would have to call in the commando.

TK maxx the weekend I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've been commando for five years now. Free and easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Nothing says comfort like an unfurnished basement.

However I still have stock from when MandMDirect had Puma jocks on sale for 50c a pair. Great support for those of us that need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The shorter length Bjorn Borgs, probably around 15-20 pairs. They fit, I know my size so it's easy to replace as required.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Herselfs gear is there if stock runs out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I'm gone Kaizen on it.. working towards Gucci, from a start in F&Fs.

Continuous improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I've shadow boards for mine. Too late finding out you've run out after going to the drawer. Better to have in your face visual stock outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

New primark (not in Ireland) opened in the city I live. Decided to add to the stockpile. Was temped to go for a pair of pokemon jocks but god dammit I could get 3 black ones for a euro less. Some day, some how, Pikachu will caress my ballsack!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

I did a count a while ago and I had fifty something pairs. Now, some of them have more holes in them than standard, but they get thrown out slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

blue note wrote: »
    I did a count a while ago and I had fifty something pairs. Now, some of them have more holes in them than standard, but they get thrown out slowly.

Pro tip. Get into bed with jocks on. Take them off once in bed. If they have damage then rip them off yourself. It'll stop you putting ****ty (ahem....) jocks back in the rotation and you get to destroy something before bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Day 1 - clean jocks.
    Day 2 - wear them inside out.
    Day 3 - re-wear them.
    Day 4 - use vacuum cleaner on them if needed.
    Day 5 - Spray them with fabreeze.
    Day 6 - Commando while the one pair are in the wash.
    Day 7 - rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A whole drawer full of them, changed at least twice if not three times during the day. Have never ran out. I have loads.
    Love buying underwear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

This just came up elsewhere actually...

I very very rarely wear pants, and only wear socks gym/running so that makes it easy! I do wear tights/stockings to work and they're a pain in the hole because I'm fierce fussy about them and nearly cry if I put a ladder in a pair. Bras are nightmare to wash and to wear, I'd love if I could just not wear them all the time, I often go without but don't think it's appropriate for work....

Could do with some new bras though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Must be that time of year, had to recycle 3 pairs of jocks last week.
    XsApollo wrote: »
    TK maxx the weekend I think.
    I've been hearing that TK MAxx isn't what it used to be. They no longer stock last years designer or upmarket fashions at a discount. Now cheapo companies like the ones that stock every other budget clothes shop just get a license to make branded goods and supply TK Maxx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

You mean When you buy a pack of Ben Shermans in there , that they arnt made by Ben sherman?
    I find them alright, I always get 3 or 2 for a tenner.
    Is there anywhere else online or mortar to get quality jocks at cheap prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Have maybe 50 pairs of boxer shorts, GAP and Banana Republic mainly.

You mean When you buy a pack of Ben Shermans in there , that they arnt made by Ben sherman?
    In name only, the big brands have apparently been producing cheap clothes for TK Maxx for years because there wasn't enough ex stock around to keep up with the demand from the growing number of stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I find them alright, I always get 3 or 2 for a tenner.
    Is there anywhere else online or mortar to get quality jocks at cheap prices?

3 pack of tight black cotton boxers in H&M, I must have bought about 10 packs. About 12e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Minimum 3 week stock.

I keep at least 3 weeks worth of the same socks that I wear 95% of the time, these are kept in their own drawer. So no matter how groggy or hungover I am, I will always have a matching pair of socks. They all get replaced at the same time so that I don't end up with situation where I could end up having a nice soft fresh sock and half worn off colour sock on at the same time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've got about 16-20 pairs myself.

Broken down into gym/running, decent and fancy shmancy.
    TK Maxx is the job for them alright.

I've started wearing compression shorts for the gym now and that tends to mean the jox last longer.
    I'm almost at premium jox only now, been aiming for that since I was 15. What a time to be alive.

jester77 wrote: »
    I will always have a matching pair of socks.
    I gave up on matching socks, as long as they're sock cousins (from the same pack) it's close enough for me. At the moment I'm wearing one thick thermal sock and two lesser thermal socks on the other foot so I wouldn't be lop sided.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Briefs or tight boxers for me. I hate loose boxers.

Going commando can be nice but you've to wash yer kaks more often - for obvious reasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Underwear Kanban.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

LordSutch wrote: »
    What does that mean?
    Project management methodology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_board

Advertisement