Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bike lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

I think I see the problem now. It's the lycra. Yer all there zipping around at 45kph like speedy gonzalies. Completely unnecessary. If ye cycle at 10 to 15 kph like you're meant to the cycle lanes wouldn't be dangerous. Any lane will be dangerous at 45kph no matter how much designed.

If I wanted to commute at 15 kph I would take the car..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

We'll never have a bicycle culture with that attitude. I don't think anyone should have a racer bicycle on the roads. It's like having an F1 car. There's some nice old fashioned hipster bikes with baskets that are nice. People could cycle to shops and put bread in the baskets and it's all relaxing and everyone is happy.
    I don't get why people need to act like an F1 driver when they get a bike.

Listen you Battered mars bar, we cyclists will never give up, we fought the British and won!!

11vhbty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Cyclists are too slow......cyclists are too fast. No pleasing some groups of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

R1_Pete wrote: »
    If I wanted to commute at 15 kph I would take the car..

But this is my point. Don't you think in densely populated areas we need to take it slow. And by taking it slow the cycle lanes are more usable?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Can you cyclist explain why some of ye cycle on the road when there's a bike lane right next to it????

Here you go, in pictures with handy explanations for those who haven't cycled lately: http://irishcycle.com/2015/11/05/images-25-reasons-why-cyclists-dont-use-cycle-lanes/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

amcalester wrote: »
    Op's next post after yours showed his true colours.
    yep, so much for my faith in human nature.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP your question has been answered

Should you venture over here again I would recommend reading the forum charter first, as you will not be given the benefit of any doubt next time

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement