Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

The Stephanie Lazarus episode was unreal.. how has that not been made into a movie ...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Loved this weeks episode (part 1), Silk Road. Can’t wait for next one, first time in a while I’ve been excited about case file, hopefully they are back on track. Very different type of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

pc7 wrote: »
    Loved this weeks episode (part 1), Silk Road. Can’t wait for next one, first time in a while I’ve been excited about case file, hopefully they are back on track. Very different type of story.

listened to silk road myself last night.
    cant wait for part two

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Got it lined up to listen to it (after Atlanta Monster ep 6). The title has me intrigued, no idea what it’s about and no name to google in advance.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Really enjoying Atlanta Monster, don’t google Silk Road, go with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Really loving Atlanta Monster....started off thinking this was a no brainer but mind totally changed as it goes along....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Will download Atlanta Monster. Thanks!

I watched a documentary on Silk Road before so I know how this ends but it's a very captivating episode. I'm not finding my mind wandering like previous episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Often thought that the Elaine O'Hara/Graham Dwyer case would be ideal for Casefile. Its a fantastic podcast.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Often thought that the Elaine O'Hara/Graham Dwyer case would be ideal for Casefile. Its a fantastic podcast.

I messaged them suggesting it and they said it’s on their list. (Just checked was September, think others here said they did too).

• Advertisement

I messaged them suggesting it and they said it’s on their list. (Just checked was September, think others here said they did too).

Ah cool, I was going to message them about it. Thanks!

As a note, the West Cork podcast on the Sophie Du Plantier murder is excellent. Really well worth checking out.

No harm doing it, more that do might bump it. It’s some case, there’d do it serious justice I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Episode 1 of the Silk Road is fantastic, the sound production on Casefile is superb, it really enhances each episode. Silk Road part 1 is easily up there as one of the best Casefile podcasts so far.

I think sometimes Casefile is a victim of its own success, we all have such high expectations for each episode and if that expectation isn't met, we all are probably overly critical. When you consider the amount of detail and production in each episode, I find it crazy how they are able to put a new episode each week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I thought they were putting the next week's episode up on TuneIn Radio a week early. Did they abandon that idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I thought they were putting the next week's episode up on TuneIn Radio a week early. Did they abandon that idea?

Just went to listen to it there too :(
    I was getting stuck into this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Silk Road is 3 parts, if it continues like this, it could be one of the best yet. Really interesting so far. I knew a bit about the silk road but had no idea of the history behind it. Looking forward to part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I hadn't listened to Casefile in a couple of months, but after reading the few posts here about the Silk Road episode, I gave it a go. Great first part, can't wait for the second. I have no prior knowledge of Silk Road.

Any other recommendations - loving Atlanta Monster & like Court Junkie. The new WEST CORK on audible about Sophie Toscan du Plantier was very good. Tried Actual Innocence but found it a bit hard to stick with the stories - narrator has a horrible delivery (imo)

True Crime Garage and True Crime All the time have grown on me. Can be a bit annoying but have covered cases hadn’t heard before. I like the generation why one too.
    If you like Atlanta Monster you should like Up and Vanished by the same guy.

True Crime Garage and True Crime All the time have grown on me. Can be a bit annoying but have covered cases hadn’t heard before. I like the generation why one too.

Thanks - yeah I've done UP & VANISHED - really liked it too. Will give True Crime All the Time a go. Found True Crime Garage a bit annoying - the hosts, as is often the case with US podcasts I find, are a bit too concerned with how they are coming across rather than focusing on the case.

• Advertisement

Have you listened to In the dark?

anna080 wrote: »

No - thanks , will give it a go!

optogirl wrote: »
    No - thanks , will give it a go!

Do! It's incredible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

Vanished! That's what he was talking about at the start of this one. Will give it a go when I finish Atlanta Monster.

So. Many. Podcasts to listen to! :)

Another vote here for In The Dark. Absolutely super podcast, really well presented. Season 2 on the way soon, I believe!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Another vote here for In The Dark. Absolutely super podcast, really well presented. Season 2 on the way soon, I believe!

It's fantastic. So well researched and the narrator is a dream to listen to.

Just got an email from the Casefile team saying they are looking into the O'Hara/Dwyer case,which is cool!

Found Atlanta Monster a bit hard to listen to. Still somewhat enjoyed it.

Loving Up and Vanished from the same guy though.

Found Atlanta Monster a bit hard to listen to. Still somewhat enjoyed it.

Loving Up and Vanished from the same guy though.

Theres one the other investigator from Up and Vanished has done called Sworn that isn't bad, short little stories.

• Advertisement

I'll check it out at some point. :)

Advertisement