Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

anna080 wrote: »
    Have you listened to In the dark?

I've downloaded it based on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Sword & Scale is also a great podcast. Not for the squeamish or faint hearted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Someone Knows something about Sheryl Sheppard is really good. I think I got the recommendation here. It’s season 2.

Cienciano wrote: »
    The Silk Road is 3 parts, if it continues like this, it could be one of the best yet. Really interesting so far. I knew a bit about the silk road but had no idea of the history behind it. Looking forward to part 2.

return to form for casefile after a run of poor episodes.
    also a change in direction - is this the first non-murder case covered? interesting development and probably a needed one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Just listened to park 2 of the Silk Road. Absolutely fantastic story telling. I am familiar with the gist of the story but never knew all the details. Really fantastic episode. Cannot wait for the conclusion next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

The 2 Silk Road episodes are the best so far in my opinion. Really can't wait for part 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Love Casefile. Episode 69 Gary Patterson is excellent. It is a murder but told brilliantly. A bizarre tale.

Love Casefile. Episode 69 Gary Patterson is excellent. It is a murder but told brilliantly. A bizarre tale.

That was a really odd one. Compelling though. The father in law is some scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

listened to second part of Silk Road last night. excellent. looking forward to part three.

The Tina Watson podcast was riveting too as was the Sherri Rasmussen one. saw the Sherri Rasmussen story on a documentary about a year ago but like a previous poster said it would make an excellent movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJB9-0yeEA

Dateline episode on Sherri Rasmussen/Stephanie Lazarus

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That was a really odd one. Compelling though. The father in law is some scumbag!

Such a bizarre tale. Would make a great movie ! Yes the father in law was a piece of **** !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just finished p2 of Silk Road... it's brilliant.

Really enjoyed the Alcatraz episodes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I kind of got confused in the middle of episode two so I had to go back and listen again, but am already anticipating the final part!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It looks like that Tune In sponsorship has finished. The one time I wanted to get an episode early

Cienciano wrote: »
    It looks like that Tune In sponsorship has finished. The one time I wanted to get an episode early

Only one more day to wait either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Grateful Dread

QueenRizla wrote: »
    Someone Knows something about Sheryl Sheppard is really good. I think I got the recommendation here. It’s season 2.

Added to the list.

Just started In the Dark as recommended here. Really like it so far.

Up and Vanished was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Added to the list.

Just started In the Dark as recommended here. Really like it so far.

Up and Vanished was brilliant!

listening to In The Dark over the past few nights. really good. will listen to Up and Vanished next so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Add Sworn and Atlanta Monster if you like up and vanished -same team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Part 3 is up. Will make working Saturday a little easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Finished part 3.

Brilliant ending, brilliant series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Bravo!! The tension at times!!!

Fantastic episode.

As good a 3-part Podcast as I've listened to. Long enough to cover the entire timeline, short enough not to lose interest between episodes.

Best work they've done, IMO. The coffee shop/library setup had me hooked like nothing else I've listened to, despite knowing what the outcome was going to be.

The casefile narrator is a cracking story teller

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Needs to made into a movie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

rekluse wrote: »
    Needs to made into a movie!

deep web. netflix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web_(film)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fantastically well done, Silk Road has to be their best yet. Really really enjoyed it. Will be hard follow up.
    Has anyone listened to West Cork that he mentioned in the ad?

Binged on Silk Road. Brilliant....what a yarn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

pc7 wrote: »
    Fantastically well done, Silk Road has to be their best yet. Really really enjoyed it. Will be hard follow up.

West Cork is excellent, the only series that's kept my attention like the first season of Serial did.

pc7 wrote: »

I'd highly recommend West Cork. Great, well researched and well presented podcast. Really interesting to learn more about that case and Ian Bailey.

Definitely check it out! Just in the last half hour of the third part of Silk Road now. Superb stuff. What a story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Binge listened to a podcast called Dirty John over the last couple of days. Really good....basically the story of a sociopath. Would recommend.

Advertisement