Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Where do THEY find the stories you mean. Its come up all through out this thread where people seem convinced this podcast is the sole work of the narrator, there are other people writing and researching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I remember seeing the news footage for the latest episode years ago. Even though you didn’t see anything gruesome it was uncomfortable viewing. I had no idea the story behind it until now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Where do THEY find the stories you mean. Its come up all through out this thread where people seem convinced this podcast is the sole work of the narrator, there are other people writing and researching.

It was originally just the narrator who did everything but he has since brought a team together to help with writing and research.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

just finished the Yara Gambirasio on a recommendation from here . wow that one has a few twists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Was just browsing their site... you can buy this mug from them :D :pac:

560.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

sentient_6 wrote: »

I was hovering over him and they :pac:.

Full concentration needed for the latest episode....brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Brian Wells (the latest one) gee wilikers Batman!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Know it’s been mentioned here, just finished ep 51 on court junkie (2 parter), very intriguing case, worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

pc7 wrote: »
    Know it’s been mentioned here, just finished ep 51 on court junkie (2 parter), very intriguing case, worth a listen.

Also listened to this today. Fascinating. Can't wait for the second part.
    Always find it hard to resist googling these cases when it's a two parter! 😊

Slightly off topic have been listening to the Mens Rea podcast too lately. It's been getting better and better and it's Irish too so lots of cases that will be familiar.

Still looking for more recommendations too... Have tried Dark topic but can't take to her man.
    I like sword and scale too but again it's a bit grating(douchebag alert).
    Canadian true crime is good
    And they walk among us (very like casefile I think but not anywhere as good)

Sorry for the ramble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's amazing how often a "what are the best episodes?" question comes up! We need to edit the first post and include it there. For me, the short answer is any multiple part story. Every one of them were great, Silk Road and Jonestown probably the best.

• Advertisement

Anyone else dislike the East Area Rapist episodes? It dragged on way too long for me. I googled it after episode 3 and didn’t bother finishing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Got an email about season 2 of In The Dark there yesterday. Looks like it'll be very interesting. Season 1 of that was great, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Anyone else dislike the East Area Rapist episodes? It dragged on way too long for me. I googled it after episode 3 and didn’t bother finishing it.

+1 on this. I stopped listening after a bit. I Googled it to see what the outcome was and decided not to continue listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Got an email about season 2 of In The Dark there yesterday. Looks like it'll be very interesting. Season 1 of that was great, I thought.

Ooh love this. Did it say when it’s starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

One of the very, very few Casefile episodes that I didn't finish after starting. I couldn't take all the detail in and ended up losing concentration.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

Never heard of Mens Rea podcast. Just listened to first two episodes, I like it!

Ooh love this. Did it say when it’s starting?

1st May! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just finished the Jaycee Lee Dugard episode. The case was vaguely familiar to me but I didn't know much about it. But holy hell, the number of chances that law enforcement had to discover what was going on while yer man was on parole that they never took. Absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The Moors Murders Trilogy is tough to listen to, especially part one. I did find it quite enlightening though. I'd always had the impression that Hindley was the mastermind and Brady was the bumbling accomplice when it was much more 50/50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's one of those "I enjoyed it, but I can see why people wouldn't".

Even though I liked it, I wouldn't recommend it to people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

Just started Crime Junkie - pretty good. Some of the same stories that have been covered elsewhere but some have additional info.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

New casefile dropped tonight. About halfway through really enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Shuuuut up, don''t move!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Shuuuut up, don''t move!!!

How's Namond doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Pidae.m wrote: »
    How's Namond doing??

We cut the boy loose. Last I heard, he was back on the corner running with Mike.

We cut the boy loose. Last I heard, he was back on the corner running with Mike.

"Get on with it, muthaf***er"! Your best line in The Wire. Big fan of yours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

The new one is excellent.

Tip for a new podcast - Marcia Clark, the prosecution lawyer from the OJ Simpson case is doing a TV show and podcast. First episode of the podcast is pretty good.

https://www.aetv.com/shows/marcia-clark-investigates-the-first-48/pages/marcia-clark-podcast

They Walk Among Us might interest people here. It’s like a bite size Casefile, episodes are short but well covered. UK cases only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

They Walk Among Us might interest people here. It’s like a bite size Casefile, episodes are short but well covered. UK cases only.

I really like it too. Murder mile is ..... different the narrator has the same enthusiasm as I do reading my kids stories which is weird.

Advertisement