Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That new Casefile episode is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

As someone else mentioned, that Brian Wells episode is crazygonuts. Best listened to without any research before hand, but if you want to know there is a summary here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just listened to the Maria Korp episode (Case 82). Found parts of it hard to listen to given that
    I have a family member in an induced coma at the moment due to a bleed on the brain. Got me thinking about what we could face down the line :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sorry to read that vojera, mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

When he says 1999...

There's an update up now for case no 03 . . And he says 1999 . . !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

east area rapist, suspect arrested!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

True Crime All The Time and their unsolved this week have done two cases covered by Casefile, not a fecking patch on it. Other podcasts really should avoid Casefile cases as they just knock them out of the park and it really highlights how well they do it when others do the same case.

Just on this weeks case 82,
    I can't get it out of my head that she was alive and yet had signs of decomposition, its just horrendous. I hope she was unaware due to the head injury for those 4 days, as it doesn't bear thinking about.

stevveyg wrote: »
    east area rapist, suspect arrested!!!

Just seen your post after I posted, where are you seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've listened to so many of the episodes at this stage but because of that I can't remember them that well.

Take Case 03 for example. There is an update just released. I would have listened to the original episode, but I can't remember anything about it even though I probably really enjoyed it at the time!

Makes me kinda sad that I can't remember them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

im part of the casefile group on Facebook, its on the criminology Facebook group page, all over Twitter .. meant to be a press conference at 12 but not sure if that's Irish time.
    sorry couldn't post a link I was literally rushing into work!

• Advertisement

Found this (don't kill me its fox! lol), http://fox40.com/2018/04/24/sources-report-possible-break-in-east-area-rapist-case/ just seen on a facegroup page they are saying they've a DNA match!!! Wow, would love to see videos of interviews with him if true, did he stop and if so why? Could be a huge insight for what goes on in the mind on this one. That bloody voicemail terrified the sh*te out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

pc7 wrote: »
    Just seen your post after I posted, where are you seeing this?

It's all over the FB groups, Reddit and Fox News. There's going to be a press conference later today. I'm not in the US so don't have access to any of their live news updates etc. But apparently this is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's all over the FB groups, Reddit and Fox News. There's going to be a press conference later today. I'm not in the US so don't have access to any of their live news updates etc. But apparently this is happening.

Yep it's true. Fantastic news after so long. Just shows you never give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

forum chat saying the DNA match came via an Australian database. It was mooted before that Mr Cruel & EAR had similar MOs - wonder if there's a connection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Wonder if they checked for an unusually small penis?

This is an amazing development. Absolutely fantastic news. I'm hearing now that he's an ex-copper who was fired for shoplifting. That explains his methodical approach to the crimes he committed.

And no, never give up hope of justice. Even decades after the events.

BTW: this same guy is also being linked to Mr. Cruel (in Australia). Not sure what to make of that just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭CiaranW

Wow, I am hoping it really is the EAR caught.
    I wonder what he did for all them years and why he stopped, he had to have met a woman and got married.

CiaranW wrote: »
    Wow, I am hoping it really is the EAR caught.
    I wonder what he did for all them years and why he stopped, he had to have met a woman and got married.

About 24 hours ago, police in Australia made a link between Mr Cruel (operating in Aus in the 80s) to the Golden State Killer in the US. And suddenly, within the last few hours, there's been this arrest of the actual rapist/murderer. Although nothing is known for sure, yet, maybe there is a link and he emigrated to Australia and just carried on doing what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

True Crime All The Time and their unsolved this week have done two cases covered by Casefile, not a fecking patch on it. Other podcasts really should avoid Casefile cases as they just knock them out of the park and it really highlights how well they do it when others do the same case.

Just on this weeks case 82,
    I can't get it out of my head that she was alive and yet had signs of decomposition, its just horrendous. I hope she was unaware due to the head injury for those 4 days, as it doesn't bear thinking about.

How does that happen though?? I never thought decomposition could happen while one was alive.

Also True Crime all the Time....hate the way the main guy tends to rip the piss out of "Gibby" the other Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How does that happen though?? I never thought decomposition could happen while one was alive.

Would be like gangrene setting in. Dead tissue rotting on a live body.

Thanks Fixxer, what a horrible case.

BTW folks. I know ye all have I'm sure but I listened to Casefile's Somerton Man again last night. It really is excellent. Nothing gruesome but a hell of a story.

Also True Crime all the Time....hate the way the main guy tends to rip the piss out of "Gibby" the other Mike.

Yeah can be a bit annoying like the True Crime Garage guys, not a patch on casefile.

Runningbuddy maybe spoiler so as not to give anything away if people haven't listened. Never thought of that Fixxer.

Yeah can be a bit annoying like the True Crime Garage guys, not a patch on casefile.

I like TCG but after half an hour, I have had enough of listening to them. Their episodes are all very well researched and handled sensitively IMO. Love their beer recommendations :pac:

From Casefiles Facebook Group (unofficial one)

Suspect is 100% DNA match. Unconfirmed reports suggest DNA was provided by his daughter.

Born in 1947

Ex-cop from Auburn, CA

Has admitted to being the VR

Left Visalia after the McGowan incident and became a cop in Auburn, then got fired for shoplifting: (I've deleted link as names him, just incase)

~~~

Direct from Mike Morford...

“Major break in the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer case!!!!!!! Keep an eye out for case updates throughout the day on 4/25/18”

For those in the know, Mike Morford has a LOT of cred re: EARONS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jaysus I can't believe they've actually found him, I've never heard of Mr cruel before so I'll have to take a look.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jaysus I can't believe they've actually found him, I've never heard of Mr cruel before so I'll have to take a look.

Ep 41, worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Casefile's very detailed magazine on the East Area Rapist / Original Night Stalker case is actually available to everyone (it's normally only for Patreon supporters)

http://casefilepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/CASEFILE_EARONS_magazine.pdf

Advertisement