Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Mr Cruel is a horrible case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I listened to them all. Excellent Podcast. Found it a hard act to follow but The Last Podcast on the Left is good. Hilariously funny, yet have their full facts right. Note: You'll need not to be easily offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would make sense that he was a cop considering the inside information he seemed to have. Press conference coming up tonight.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I downloaded the Michelle McNamara - 'I'll be gone in the dark' audiobook from Audible last week and just started listening to it yesterday morning (I live in California and was listening intently to the casefile episodes when they came out as I'm not to far from his active areas in the Bay Area) and he gets arrested that evening!!!

This is the final piece of the book apparently. A letter that she writes to him about eventually being caught. Chillingly accurate!
    "The doorbell rings. No side gates are left open. You’re long past leaping over a fence. Take one of your hyper, gulping breaths. Clench your teeth. Inch timidly toward the insistent bell. This is how it ends for you. “You’ll be silent forever, and I’ll be gone in the dark,” you threatened a victim once. Open the door. Show us your face. Walk into the light."

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

just watched the press conference, not very exciting, just a whole lot of back slapping. 6 days ago they got his "discarded dna" .
    He was never on their radar .

• Advertisement

No evidence of a link to Australia so he's not Mr cruel.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    No evidence of a link to Australia so he's not Mr cruel.

That was ruled out. It's just a coincidence that the Australian press were reporting on the similarities just the other day.

So was the DNA enough or did they also need to check if he had a tiny cock as reported by victims?

Bonus pod released.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

In light of his really small penis, one of the facebook groups had this, some brilliant ones, just a sample.

In the spirit of "If the glove don't fit, You must acquit", I propose that we get to work on some pithy poetry the defence might like to use in the EAR case.
    "If the dick ain't small, it wasn't him at all."
    "If it really is pathetic, the jury should not be sympathetic."
    If it just makes his groin look a bit hairier, he’s the Rapist of the East Area.
    If his peepee looks like bait, he’s the Killer of the Golden State
    If it’s barely there, then it’s off to the chair

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    In light of his really small penis, one of the facebook groups had this, some brilliant ones, just a sample.

In the spirit of "If the glove don't fit, You must acquit", I propose that we get to work on some pithy poetry the defence might like to use in the EAR case.
    "If the dick ain't small, it wasn't him at all."
    "If it really is pathetic, the jury should not be sympathetic."
    If it just makes his groin look a bit hairier, he’s the Rapist of the East Area.
    If his peepee looks like bait, he’s the Killer of the Golden State
    If it’s barely there, then it’s off to the chair

"If he has a tiny todger, then he should walk the plank under the jolly Roger"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Looking forward to end of all this and the hopefully detailed follow up episode in due time. Dying to know the investigation process that led to them to him.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Looking forward to end of all this and the hopefully detailed follow up episode in due time. Dying to know the investigation process that led to them to him.

From what I heard there was a dna link through a relative, this narrowed it down to the family, Joe Deangelo was one of a few who matched the age ranges.
    They also looked into his past and found that he was in the areas at the time.

The dna was gained unknowingly to him when he was being followed, possibly by a straw and or cigarette butt being taken from a bin. Once the dna matched they tracked his movements further and thought that he might have had and escape plan and lots of weapons in the house so it was decided that they would wait for him to be outside his house.

Apparently he was outside cutting the lawn and a police undercover vehicle stopped on the road and asked him for directions, he was then arrested.

This is his house

8316 Canyon Oak Dr, Citrus Heights, CA 95610, USA

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm just fascinated to find out how/why (and if) he stopped, it is very rare they stop (unless locked up,married etc). Hopefully he talks to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I only discovered this podcast last week ,binging on it since. Very good listen.

Bonus pod released.

'What a fooking day' :D lol he's really excited by this (as are most true crime fans in fairness). Great listening to it on my lunch break, can't wait to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

pc7 wrote: »
    'What a fooking day' :D lol he's really excited by this (as are most true crime fans in fairness). Great listening to it on my lunch break, can't wait to finish it.

Im stoked for him. Imagine all the effort, time and energy that was put into that serial of episodes, it must be an extremely rewarding outcome.

Im stoked for him. Imagine all the effort, time and energy that was put into that serial of episodes, it must be an extremely rewarding outcome.

Even the fact they were in the US and interviewed some of the law enforcement involved in it. I wonder did EAR listen to the pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just listened to the update there and the press conference mentioned there will be a trial. Hopefully the press conference won’t do any harm to the outcome of the trial. A lot of the officers seemed to be speaking in absolutes about the suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

all i want to know is he a diabetic!?!

• Advertisement

They made the link of dna through one of those genealogy websites!!!

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209913514.html

We really need a true crime forum!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Just set one up go nuts !! True crime Podcasts

Just set one up go nuts !! True crime Podcasts

Would if I could but only mods can create new forums afaik.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Would if I could but only mods can create new forums afaik.

He meant that he set up a thread in this forum dedicated to true crime podcasts

He meant that he set up a thread in this forum dedicated to true crime podcasts

Sorry I was talking about setting up a forum for true crime. I'll get onto one of the mods.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

ya def would love a true crime forum!! I was so giddy at work Wednesday over the EAR arrest no one had a clue what I was on about!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Sherri Rasmussen doc now on TV - Cbs Reality channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

• Advertisement

Let's hope the DNA evidence is enough to convict as there doesn't seem to be anymore evidence.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement