Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

stevveyg wrote: »
    ya def would love a true crime forum!! I was so giddy at work Wednesday over the EAR arrest no one had a clue what I was on about!!!

OK I've logged a request for a new forum. Please support if interested.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057866728/1/#post106867611

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What did ye think of the Tine Watson episode? It was a very strange episode I thought. Yer man seemed normal until they got into a relationship then went crazy controlling. The photo of the dive is really eerie too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tina Watson really stuck with me, I swayed between the episode from guilty to innocent a few times. Gen why did it but it was no where near Casefile. Excellently done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

fixxxer wrote: »
    The Moors Murders Trilogy is tough to listen to, especially part one. I did find it quite enlightening though. I'd always had the impression that Hindley was the mastermind and Brady was the bumbling accomplice when it was much more 50/50.
    Just finished these myself. I appreciate that he doesn't go into graphic detail (I also think it's more respectful of the victims and doesn't sensationalise it) but it was still hard to listen to.

Same as yourself, I thought it was nearly all Hindley, but that wasn't the case at all. I think that impression is because she kept herself in the media deliberately, plus the media really go to town when they get to cover women who kill people. I can't get over the number of supporters she had trying to get her out on parole :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

First episodes of season two of In The Dark are just out today, for anyone that's interested.

• Advertisement

Came home to an empty house listening to Part 2 of the East Area Rapist, walk in to the kitchen and this catches the corner of my eye. Fright of my god damned life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fook Fixxer!!!! What kicked in ‘flight or fight’

pc7 wrote: »
    Fook Fixxer!!!! What kicked in ‘flight or fight’

Which of those does me roaring JESUS CHRIST come under? :p

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    First episodes of season two of In The Dark are just out today, for anyone that's interested.

That theme tune still gives me chills.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just a heads up for people. A request has been made for a "True Crime Forum" to be started on boards where discussion of cases will take place. This forum will have nothing to do with podcasts per se but obviously cases that are featured on podcasts can be discussed.

If you would like to see this forum created then please head to the link below and inidciate your interest by posting a +1 in the thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057866728

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

just listened to "Mr. Cruel" :eek:

just listened to "Mr. Cruel" :eek:
    I was never so grateful that he didn't go into detail in a case. Just knowing how long he had them for was awful enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Just listened to port arthur.it has to be one of the most detailed accounts ive ever heard.incredible.you just don't get that from a 45 min tv show.great podcast.

Just listened to port arthur.it has to be one of the most detailed accounts ive ever heard.incredible.you just don't get that from a 45 min tv show.great podcast.
    I read the wikipedia page on it a few years ago and honestly, I wasn't right for a few days afterwards. What a horrific event. I thought the podcast was really good. Explained a lot more about the murderer's background and the run up to events. Tough, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

The new episode is a cracking one :pac:

Just finished all the EAR/ONS episodes. Took me about a week to get through them all.

In Part 5 (before the arrest) they mentioned that because of the statue of limitations on sexual assault in California, they won't be able to charge anyone with the rapes. Does anyone know, is that still the case if he confesses?

(PS, I think it's ridiculous that such a limit exists).

Vojera wrote: »
    Just finished all the EAR/ONS episodes. Took me about a week to get through them all.

In Part 5 (before the arrest) they mentioned that because of the statue of limitations on sexual assault in California, they won't be able to charge anyone with the rapes. Does anyone know, is that still the case if he confesses?

Yes!

It's been changed now but still applies to cases back then.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Also, we're currently petitioning for a true crime forum to be setup to discuss that case and other similar cases in more detail.

Please support if this is something you would be interested in.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057866728/1

Thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Netflix are releasing a documentary called Evil Genius on May 11 about the Brian Wells case which was covered in Casefile episode 81. That was the one about the pizza delivery guy with a bomb strapped to him.

I don't know anything about how Netflix works so I can't tell if is available in Ireland.

That was such a strange case, I will definitely have a look. Problem is, Casefile is so detailed already that I'm not sure what else they could add to it.

• Advertisement

Just incase it was missed during the arrest of the EARONS, there was 3 people arrested 2 weeks ago for the murders of the missing Welsh girls Laurie bible and Ashley freeman and their parents in 1999. Episode 3.

Unfortunately 2 of the men are now deceased.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Just incase it was missed during the arrest of the EARONS, there was 3 people arrested 2 weeks ago for the murders of the missing Welsh girls Laurie bible and Ashley freeman and their parents in 1999. Episode 3.

Unfortunately 2 of the men are now deceased.

That was a very interesting case and as it was only a short episode it is well worth another listen. It was episode 3 and was only 35 minutes long.

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    That was a very interesting case and as it was only a short episode it is well worth another listen. It was episode 3 and was only 35 minutes long.

Yes, worth listening to, for anyone interested true crime garage done a few episodes on it also and went into more detail.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

bobsman wrote: »
    The new episode is a cracking one :pac:
    Talk about weird. Cult-type people are so creepy.

Talk about weird. Cult-type people are so creepy.

A really weird case. Excellently presented as always though. Casefile is really on a roll at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I'm in the middle of the east area rapist one.its bloody exhausting.how did they not catch him sooner.it just seems to be going on and on and on.

I'm in the middle of the east area rapist one.its bloody exhausting.how did they not catch him sooner.it just seems to be going on and on and on.
    So frustrating hearing over and over that there had been sightings of prowlers, hang-up calls, etc. in areas and no one reported them to police. But at the same time, police didn't make public that these were part of his MO so people didn't know to be on alert. :mad:

I thought that too. The police didn't announce a serial rapist on the loose was very strange to me along with the fact that so many people seem to have seen strange things in the neighborhood but didn't report it to the cops. That part about the guy who stood up at the residences meeting stating how he's never let his wife be attacked was extraordinary.

It is pretty amazing that a man who seemingly committed 12 murders and over 50 rapes managed to go uncaptured for so long.

• Advertisement

It was a different time too don’t forget. People left doors open, no 24 hour news, social media

Advertisement