Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Just listened to the D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Just listened to Daniel Morcombe case, amazing police work on that one. What an operation. My favourite so far.

Halfway through the 2nd episode of EAR but annoyed already at police, terrible and I can't believe theirs another 3 episodes to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

al87987 wrote: »
    Just listened to Daniel Morcombe case, amazing police work on that one. What an operation. My favourite so far.

Halfway through the 2nd episode of EAR but annoyed already at police, terrible and I can't believe theirs another 3 episodes to come.

You should watch crimes that shook australia.one episode deals with Daniel morcombe.its very good and on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here before but Sky living have a documentary on the Golden State killer
    Golden State killer: unmasked
    I haven't got round to watching it yet but it sounds good. It's a five parter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Watching episode one of Evil Genius. So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

fixxxer wrote: »

I enjoyed it there was no new information that casefile missed. It was interesting to see all the various characters and the interviews etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Watched the first 2 and its very good. Pretty rough in parts!

That new Casefile episode is weird. Part 2 should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Listened to the Jonestown episodes this week. I knew the gist of the story but I'm surprised how much I didn't know. In the beginning it seemed like the guy had a positive message of racial equality and somehow the whole thing spiraled into an absolute **** show. I had no clue about the abuse that went on in the group and in the commune. I always got the impression that he was a hypocrite who didn't practise what he preached, but I didn't know how badly people were treated. It was a real eye-opener.

I thought the Honolulu Stranger (Case 62) and the Catherine Holmes and Georgina Watmore (Case 63) episodes were a little lacklustre. I don't know did they suffer from coming so close after the Jonestown ones or that they
    didn't have a satisfying conclusion

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it there was no new information that casefile missed. It was interesting to see all the various characters and the interviews etc.

I finished all four parts and was left thinking, "yeah I knew all that" too. The only addition was the footage of Wells when the bomb went off. Its on Netflix so I probably shouldn't have been surprised but I still jumped when we actually see the device blow a hole in his chest.

Also just finished the Silk Road Trilogy. It boggles my mind that
    a simple Google search managed to unravel the whole operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Really good one this week. Ruined it for myself though by googling bits. The next part should be interesting though all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just listening to the 2nd part, what a sh*t show

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ending was very poignant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

pc7 wrote: »
    Ending was very poignant

Whole episode made me quite emotional. A sh*t show indeed. Brilliantly presented as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

That two-parter was fantastic. So many twists and turns. One of the best episodes in my opinion.
    The case unfortunately ruined the lives of so many people involved.

The mid-episode ad in Part 1 of Episode 84 made me laugh:
    "Preserving your hairline can be an impossible task when listening to Casefile: the stress of unsolved cases, head-scratching investigations and hair-raising criminals can make your hair fall out."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Episode 30 of Court Junkie. Dalia Dippolito, bloody unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭CiaranW

I gave up on Court Junkie some time back.
    I started listening to cold case file recently. Episode are normally 30 mins long.
    Anyone else starting to tire with the blind boy podcast too recently?

Also just finished the Silk Road Trilogy. It boggles my mind that
    a simple Google search managed to unravel the whole operation.
    Listened to those yesterday. I had no idea the site was so big and how much money was going through it. It's a bit mental :eek:

The Gary Patterson episode (Case 69) was crazy. So much bigger than it seemed at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I hope this guy makes a few quid from doing (im sure he does) these because they have so much detail and are so well put together.brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Vojera wrote: »
    Listened to those yesterday. I had no idea the site was so big and how much money was going through it. It's a bit mental :eek:

The Gary Patterson episode (Case 69) was crazy. So much bigger than it seemed at first.

This was nuts. What a yarn :eek:.....between this and The Pizza Bomber/Evil Genius story, America is just a crazy cesspit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just finished listening to Case 80: Beth Barnard

WTF!?
    Loved the Beth Barnard one. Worthy of a second listen I think.
    Does anyone think Vivian is still alive somewhere?
    I was thinking that while listening but then
    never coming back to her children seems unlikely. The phone call to her friend though...aagh! So complicated!
    I just don't know. A very bizarre case.
    Odd how everyone seemed to close ranks too. Maybe it's just "small town mentality"

I'm a bit behind the times, I only finished listening to this one this morning. It left me intrigued and a bit :eek: that is was over with no conclusion :P

My immediate reaction was that
    both Beth and Vivian came to a sticky end though I am unsure what the motivation for it all was. The fact that Vivian allegedly told Fergus and his family that he could take the kids and she'd just head off to Melbourne seemed strange and therefore unbelievable, at least to me. Could it be that Vivian killed Beth, then Fergus killed her? There are a few possibilities, I suppose that's why it's so intriguing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Finished the show on sky living about our friend the East area rapist. It's was actually good, the last two episodes were interesting.

I'm finally 100% up to date with Casefile. Not bad considering I only started a month or two ago. Now I have to wait weekly like a peasant :pac:

Gonna try Mens Rea based on recommendations in this thread. The local angle will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

My weekend was ruined. No Casefile episode :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Caught up to Casefile now. God it sucks waiting each week. The podcast this far has been outstanding. I hope it runs for a long time. I am tempted to subscribe for the Ad Free episodes. But I even enjoy the ads. Haha

Caught up to Casefile now. God it sucks waiting each week. The podcast this far has been outstanding. I hope it runs for a long time. I am tempted to subscribe for the Ad Free episodes. But I even enjoy the ads. Haha

I didn't know that was an option. I might do that as well as I've had hours and hours of entertainment from the podcast. I wonder which works out better for them making money, ads or subscriptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

I guess they make most money from Ads although would prefer subscriptions.

https://www.patreon.com/casefile/memberships

Also if you subscribe you get access to more episodes which are not available for free although they are much shorter.

I guess they make most money from Ads although would prefer subscriptions.

https://www.patreon.com/casefile/memberships

Also if you subscribe you get access to more episodes which are not available for free although they are much shorter.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Finished the show on sky living about our friend the East area rapist. It's was actually good, the last two episodes were interesting.

I listened to parts 2-5 of that in one go the other day.

It's ****ing relentless. So glad they caught that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

New episode just dropped

Advertisement