Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Does anyone know when this is returning? They said they were taking a two week break and it's been a lot longer. You'd know i'm majorly addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this is returning? They said they were taking a two week break and it's been a lot longer. You'd know i'm majorly addicted.

Back Sunday, I believe. You can do it! :D

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Back Sunday, I believe. You can do it! :D

Haha. I'm embarrassed for myself :D
    Thank you.

Haha. I'm embarrassed for myself :D
    Thank you.

Don't be. I'm the exact same! Absolutely love Casefile and hate waiting for new episodes.

If you like True Crime, a couple of suggestions for other podcasts are:

-In The Dark
    -The Teachers Pet

Both focus on the same case for a full season but are fantastically well researched. Well worth checking out while you wait for new Casefile :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They have a clue up for this week, something about a parachute jump, should be available Saturday.

PropJoe enjoying teachers pet myself, bit repetitive as I've binged episodes but hopefully they get a resolution.

OT from casefile but did any of you watch Staircase on Netflix, I did and listened to Gen Whys new update on it. Great case.

• Advertisement

Don't be. I'm the exact same! Absolutely love Casefile and hate waiting for new episodes.

-In The Dark
    -The Teachers Pet

Both focus on the same case for a full season but are fantastically well researched. Well worth checking out while you wait for new Casefile :D

Thank you for that. Will check out both of them. Criminal is also another very good podcast.

pc7 wrote: »
    They have a clue up for this week, something about a parachute jump, should be available Saturday.

PropJoe enjoying teachers pet myself, bit repetitive as I've binged episodes but hopefully they get a resolution.

OT from casefile but did any of you watch Staircase on Netflix, I did and listened to Gen Whys new update on it. Great case.

The Staircase is fascinating. I just don't understand how this situation happened twice. It's also hard to decide on what kind of a character Peterson actually is. Great case though.

Staircase is great. I watched that a few years ago actually, the original series was made by Canal+ in France. I am probably in the minority of people that believe he's innocent.
    The owl theory sounds ridiculous when you first hear it but I actually think there's something in it. The lacerations on the skull without a skull fracture didn't make any sense to me, and wouldn't be consistent with being battered over the head

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Prop I was thinking innocent watching it, but after gen why Pod this week now leaning guilty. Fantastic watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Prop I was thinking innocent watching it, but after gen why Pod this week now leaning guilty. Fantastic watch.

Brilliant podcast re: staircase called Beyond Reasonable Doubt....it's excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The Staircase is fascinating. I just don't understand how this situation happened twice. It's also hard to decide on what kind of a character Peterson actually is. Great case though.

You know the producer is dating him - I wouldn't trust either side of that documentary

Yeah gen why mentioned that! 10 years dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭griffin100

-In The Dark
    -The Teachers Pet

Is it wierd that I read that post in the narrators voice?? Might be a sign I'm listening to too many episodes as I work my ways backwards through them 3-4 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

griffin100 wrote: »
    Is it wierd that I read that post in the narrators voice?? Might be a sign I'm listening to too many episodes as I work my ways backwards through them 3-4 a week.

I am at the point where last night I went back through all of the episodes to see if I had missed any. found one - Prue Bird - then realised I should listen to the Russell Street bombings first - two episodes are dedicated to that. so three episodes to hear before the new one tomorrow! I'm seriously hooked and love his voice! in fact he could tell any old yarn and it would still sound interesting!

Thanks for the tip on this. I'll check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Elaine O'Hara story upped recently. Nice to get one with local interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Newest case is excellent. What a way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Blue skies, black death indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

I recently listened to the 3-parter on Silk Road, very engaging.

Quite bizarre, really. I vaguely remember hearing about that at the time.
    Wouldn't be at all sure that he killed himself - plenty of unanswered questions!

• Advertisement

the scissors tho

Didn't find the latest stalker episode that compelling tbh

glasso wrote: »

Where did he get his money? All a bit odd.

glasso wrote: »

I enjoyed it. The narration, as always was excellent.

A dangerous individual.

bobsman wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. The narration, as always was excellent.
    l.

Except him reading the Beatles lyrics, I did lol, yeah yeaaahhhh yeaaaaaaahhhhh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There was (probably an older) episode about a Canadian girl who was entrapped by her parents in the house because she was hanging out with a low life drug dealer against her parents wishes, and then there was a "house invasion" where her mother was killed and her dad seriously injured.

At her first interview (as a witness) with the Canadian police, you could see straight away that they knew she was behind it all. Fascinating episode.

Except him reading the Beatles lyrics, I did lol, yeah yeaaahhhh yeaaaaaaahhhhh :)

Ha ha yes. Jaysis, I'll never listen to the Beatles the same way again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Enjoyed the latest episode... a very sad and sick individual.  Have looked up some of his videos mentioned in the episode, he is exactly how I pictured him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I really enjoyed the new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

There was (probably an older) episode about a Canadian girl who was entrapped by her parents in the house because she was hanging out with a low life drug dealer against her parents wishes, and then there was a "house invasion" where her mother was killed and her dad seriously injured.

At her first interview (as a witness) with the Canadian police, you could see straight away that they knew she was behind it all. Fascinating episode.

Jennifer Pan. Crazy stuff, the interrogation videos are worth a watch.
    w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Enjoyed the latest episode... a very sad and sick individual.  Have looked up some of his videos mentioned in the episode, he is exactly how I pictured him!!

I thought he deserved more respect, he was The Countdown Champ after all :D

Advertisement