Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

pc7 wrote: »
    did anyone else think it strange they managed to sue the palladin press over the book?

Yeah. Ridiculous.

fiinding casefile not that compelling for the most part over the last few months. nothing changed on that front with this week's podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah I wasn’t that interested in this week’s one. I just couldn’t get into it despite rewinding it a few times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah this week was an odd one.

seems to me with these external researchers doing a fair few of the show's background stuff now that the script ends up a bit flat - more a recounting of facts which doesn't work that well imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

glasso wrote: »
    fiinding casefile not that compelling for the most part over the last few months. nothing changed on that front with this week's podcast.

Same here. Couldn't get interested in the Susan Snow or Millie and Trevor Horn one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone listen to Case 95: The Vampire of Krakow yet? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Think im going to stop listening now - since Silk Rd they have all be poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Thought it was decent enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Yep, I thought it was very good. Don't get where the dislike is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

3 parter starting this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

Pidae.m wrote: »
    3 parter starting this weekend

Thé Wests, I wonder?

Thé Wests, I wonder?

No

David Parker Ray.... Tough listen

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’d heard this on another podcast before, but the detail in part one is so just so fooked up its terrifying to think humans can act this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Fascinating yet also disturbing episode.

I’ll be avoiding any stories on this case for the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I googled DPR to see if he looked anything like the image in my head from the description given in the podcast. Eerily accurate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

I found this one tough to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Love casefile but don't think I'll listen to the next two parts of this. Just horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Luckily they didn't get into too much detail about the tape recording that he played for his victims. Even reading the transcript is horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

bobsman wrote: »
    Love casefile but don't think I'll listen to the next two parts of this. Just horrific.

I've seen similar to this posted in this thread and others before. Maybe I'm mad in the head but I have no problem listening to any episodes and find the darker ones fascinating from a human psyche point of view.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm part way through part one here and it's easily one of the most disturbing ones I've heard so far. Probably will continue to listen to the next two parts unless it gets really bad, like Kingp35, there is very littel that I find I cannot listen to. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

miamee wrote: »
    I'm part way through part one here and it's easily one of the most disturbing ones I've heard so far. Probably will continue to listen to the next two parts unless it gets really bad, like Kingp35, there is very littel that I find I cannot listen to. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing :o

I'm pretty desensitized to this type of thing - I'm not finding this too disturbing, though the backyard comment sent a shiver down my spine. Actually the case that affected me the most was Daniel Morcombe - I shed a tear at the end of that episode.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I'm pretty desensitized to this type of thing - I'm not finding this too disturbing, though the backyard comment sent a shiver down my spine. Actually the case that affected me the most was Daniel Morcombe - I shed a tear at the end of that episode.

I've read other people say similar about that episode. I know I started it but I'm not sure if I ever got to the end. If I did, I don't remember it :o Must give it another go, sometimes I listen while doing various tasks around the house but then I get distracted and miss bits of what's said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Pidae.m wrote: »
    David Parker Ray.... Tough listen

Christ, it's straight out of Criminal Minds.

I found jaycee dugard the worst episode of them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

The moors by far for me was the most disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m pretty desensitised at this stage myself too, although my stomach did flip as he was listing out the descriptions of the various paraphanelia found.
    a 15 inch motorised dildo attached to a large generator
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

episode 3 of the jonestown massacre is particularly horrific.

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    episode 3 of the jonestown massacre is particularly horrific.

Actually skipped bits of that

Advertisement