Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    he has a future in fiction writing surely!

He has a future in prison.

That's the guy's real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

John and Mark was a great episode, just listened. One of the best imho. Had to laugh at some of the things he was made do. Perfect 1 hour casefile episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Discovered "Unresolved" last night. Pretty good podcast. I like the Host and some very odd cases. Worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That was a very sad case :confused:. Very odd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Does anyone know when the next episode is coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

End of Jan I thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next episode is coming out?

26th of Jan I think. Have heard nothing as good while waiting. Anyone have any recommendations?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

mickoc wrote: »
    26th of Jan I think. Have heard nothing as good while waiting. Anyone have any recommendations?

I subscribed to a podcast I heard advertised on Casefile a while back, called PD Stories. I started listening to a few of them over the week and it's interesting enough. While not strictly a true crime podcast, the host interviews cops and gets some stories on their career. A good production always helps a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve just downloaded Mens Rea. Not sure is it any good yet but they cover Irish cases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cold is really good, so in depth and presenters voice is easy to listen too.

Broken Harts hat was mentioned up thread very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I’ve just downloaded Mens Rea. Not sure is it any good yet but they cover Irish cases.

I like it but the early episodes are a little ropey. Stick with it and I think you'll enjoy it.

Been listening to Assassinations Podcast based on a recommendation here. It's well researched and the narrator has one of those pleasing to listen to Scottish accents.

Folks, I discovered Unresolved. Pretty good. Some very interesting cases. Worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

+1 for COLD - huge amount of direct interviews, recordings, detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I see according to their Facebook feed, the Elaine O’ Hara episode was the most listened to one of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

listed to a few of these recently. a good comparison is the Eileen o Hara episode which both cover. I thought the Casefile one was much better and less sensationalist. Still, means rea has potential and I like the Irish angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

New episode out tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Listening to one called "Cold" at the moment about a missing woman, Susan Powell. Quite good and worth checking out!

Just finished Mark and John. Great episode, really bizarre, it's hard to credit that it actually happened. Definitely a case of fact being stranger than fiction.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    New episode out tomorrow :D

Louise Bell 67 min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭griffin100

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Louise Bell 67 min

Jesus, there are some evil b@stards in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I have this awful habit of falling asleep at night halfway through casefile episodes....so I'm missing the end to loads of cases & also, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my earphones still in, with a different episode running, and I get awfully confused.....first world problems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I have this awful habit of falling asleep at night halfway through casefile episodes....so I'm missing the end to loads of cases & also, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my earphones still in, with a different episode running, and I get awfully confused.....first world problems!!

How are the dreams? :pac:

Very sad case on Louise Bell. The poor family not knowing where she is, all they want now is to have her body home.
    It’s so sad to think that there are hundreds of thousands of missing people’s bodies just scattered throughout the world buried in unknown places.
    Real depressing thought.

the killer Dieter Pfennig you'd wonder why, even tho he obviously a sick fcuk, wouldn't tell them where the bodies are buried now that he has been convicted of Louise Bell's murder also.

he's never going to get out of prison.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does anyone listen to this using the Apple podcast app? Does it constantly play the wrong episode for anyone else?

Like I am on episode 10, when it finishes I'd expect it to go to episode 11, but instead it goes to the very latest episode which is like 150 or whatever?

Am I doing something wrong?

I used the apple app religiously until like a year ago because all of a sudden it was giving me a host of trouble. Some podcasts were disappearing and some unlistened episodes were saying they’d been played and vice versa. I now use Overcast and have no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Disappointed by the 1st episode of the year. (Please ignore anything but my selfish love of casefile...obviously every case is worthy ) but I prefer cases that have an ending... albeit inferred.

Sometimes we know that the boyfriend /Butler did it but they obviously cant say that bit I always feel that the cases that literally are unexplainable ...without even an obvious suspect are a little disappointing from a listening point of view.

Today's one is a bit different, it's a 2 parter about a plane crash in 2002 in I think the Ukraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Today's one is a bit different, it's a 2 parter about a plane crash in 2002 in I think the Ukraine.

Yeah, it's about an air crash in Germany in 2002. Listened to the first part there. Bit slow moving, but got the makings of an interesting one. Can't say I recall hearing about this one before.

Advertisement