Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

fixxxer wrote: »
    A slight aside, but I found this podcast recently

Inside the Black Box

Seems to be quite new, but finding it interesting so far.

I was listening to this, well researched and interesting BUT why does he pronounce ALTITUDE as ATTITUDE??!! Everytime he says it now I become more aware of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don’t know. I’m finding it hard to stay interested in Casefile lately. I wonder is it since his Q&A s I got the impression that he seemed quite indifferent and uninterested in true crime that I just can’t listen in the same way.

lots of hosTELLing pronunciation there in the first part of the one there on Ivan Milat.

and in my experience most Australians do pronounce it like that!

we may think it's weird but if you consider how "hotel" is pronounced maybe it makes sense.

although I will never do it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really enjoyed this week, kept me interest more so than previous weeks lately. Looking forward to next installment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I was going to wait until all five parts were up and have a good old binge. But I couldn't help myself. I've seen a few docs about the case anyway, so waiting seemed pointless. Anyway, it was great and I'm really looking forward to the next four installments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I don’t know. I’m finding it hard to stay interested in Casefile lately. I wonder is it since his Q&A s I got the impression that he seemed quite indifferent and uninterested in true crime that I just can’t listen in the same way.

Im finding this aswell, casefile used to be one of my favourite podcasts going but lately i find a lot of the episodes are a bit meh.

On the other hand, i discovered another podcast (probably on this forum) called "swindled" that i would highly reccomend. Its very very good

One good one I stumbled upon recently - 'You must Remember this' Podcast by Slate. Currently working through a 12 part-er about Charles Manson (Charles Mansons Hollywood) Really interesting so far. Goes through the origins of "the family" and the links to Hollywood famous faces etc. and how the interactions with them led to the murders.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/search?q=MAnson&f_collectionId=56815cdb39561466dbf8aa7c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Suckler wrote: »
    One good one I stumbled upon recently - 'You must Remember this' Podcast by Slate. Currently working through a 12 part-er about Charles Manson (Charles Mansons Hollywood) Really interesting so far. Goes through the origins of "the family" and the links to Hollywood famous faces etc. and how the interactions with them led to the murders.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/search?q=MAnson&f_collectionId=56815cdb39561466dbf8aa7c

I love YMRT.

If anyone wants to just listen to the Manson episodes they have been released as a separate podcast called You Must Remember Manson. Saves you having to scroll through the extensive back catalogue on the main feed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I was listening to this, well researched and interesting BUT why does he pronounce ALTITUDE as ATTITUDE??!! Everytime he says it now I become more aware of it!

Didn't even notice to be honest. Already finished all the episodes but have found that Youtube has a plentiful supply of Air Crash Investigations/Mayday. The reconstructions are hammed up a bit, but the bones of the episodes are still interesting. Watched the episode on JAL 123 yesterday. Poor souls were crashing for 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

A planes attitude is its position relative to the horizon and an obviously important flight control parameter, you sure about what he's saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

First two parts of Belanglo have been great.

Part 3 is also great. Any other Patreon supporters of Casefile here? Nice to get the early release episodes!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Part 3 is also great. Any other Patreon supporters of Casefile here? Nice to get the early release episodes!

smug bashtard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Ya listened to part 3 today.... I love been smug too!!! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Only listened to two. I enjoy how Casefile gives a back story to the victims...God love them....horrific

sentient_6 wrote: »
    A planes attitude is its position relative to the horizon and an obviously important flight control parameter, you sure about what he's saying?

Well not so sure now....please excuse me whilst I dismount from my high horse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

allybhoy wrote: »
    Im finding this aswell, casefile used to be one of my favourite podcasts going but lately i find a lot of the episodes are a bit meh.
    I've a long list of podcasts that I used to love and are now unsubscribed from. It happens, if you find you aren't enjoying it just unsubscribe, there's thousands of good pods out there. I'm actually worried I might find other ones I like, I'm subscribed to too many now and need to find time to listen.
    I don't think I'll ever unsubscribe from hardcore history, irish history podcast or second captains, anything else I could drop. Radiolab is next on the chopping block from me I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I so look forward to new episodes. I actually just listened to the same story as "Case 104 Mark and John" on another crime podcast. It wasn't nearly as good as Casefile as the perpetrator was revealed at the start of the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've a long list of podcasts that I used to love and are now unsubscribed from. It happens, if you find you aren't enjoying it just unsubscribe, there's thousands of good pods out there. I'm actually worried I might find other ones I like, I'm subscribed to too many now and need to find time to listen.
    I don't think I'll ever unsubscribe from hardcore history, irish history podcast or second captains, anything else I could drop. Radiolab is next on the chopping block from me I reckon

Not to go too off topic but I noticed that you mentioned Radiolab. For a while - a good few years ago - I used to think it was the best podcast around, but then I thought the quality dropped off - repeat episodes, shorter episodes, too many episodes dependent on outside presenters - and so I dropped off. So it's still beset with some of the same problems?

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    I so look forward to new episodes. I actually just listened to the same story as "Case 104 Mark and John" on another crime podcast. It wasn't nearly as good as Casefile as the perpetrator was revealed at the start of the episode.

Casefile is the best. Some of the more recent cases have been a bit mundane but you can't expect them all to be absolutely riveting. The writing and storytelling is always top drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Casefile is the best. Some of the more recent cases have been a bit mundane but you can't expect them all to be absolutely riveting. The writing and storytelling is always top drawer.

You funny you should say that about the recent ones.

I left Casefile for awhile at the start of the toy box series. I made the mistake of googling it and saw a picture that made me say fck that.

But iv started back with Belanglo and really enjoying it. Was going to ask what episodes since the toy box series would people recommend?!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

I left Casefile for awhile at the start of the toy box series. I made the mistake of googling it and saw a picture that made me say fck that.

But iv started back with Belanglo and really enjoying it. Was going to ask what episodes since the toy box series would people recommend?!

Casefile's Beaumont children is excellent

Gonzales family and Peter Nielsen were also good, I thought. Oh, and Britt Lapthorne.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Personally I’m finding these latest series rather dull

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

This is a hidden gem. Probably my all time favourite podcast series.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I enjoyed bat sh1t craziness of the Mark & John episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    This is a hidden gem. Probably my all time favourite podcast series.

One of the best podcasts around.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Personally I’m finding these latest series rather dull

I'm really enjoying this series, I didn't know much about it. Hadn't enjoyed the few episodes before it, but I am excited about tomorrow.

• Advertisement

This series has been great. Part 4 is excellent. Also didn't know much about this case!

Advertisement