Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Never heard of that case before. Just looked it up. It does look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

One thing I dislike about Casefile is that it makes every other crime podcast seem crap in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I'm half way through the second ep of EAR and i'm not too sure about it! :o it started off great but now it just seems very repetitive.... should i stick with it? I finished Jonestown last week and thought that was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Gal44 wrote: »
    I'm half way through the second ep of EAR and i'm not too sure about it! :o it started off great but now it just seems very repetitive.... should i stick with it? I finished Jonestown last week and thought that was fantastic!

I felt the same, actually. I was looking forward to EAR after all the positive comments here but just thought it was a bit flat. Jonestown was excellent, but I enjoy the one-episode cases more, in general. The Shannon Matthews one was great - I'd forgotten about all the details on that one, it was interesting to hear it all again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Listen to Jen Pan , Daniel Morcambe and Amy Lynn Bradley so far - any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Listen to Jen Pan , Daniel Morcambe and Amy Lynn Bradley so far - any suggestions ?

The Moors murders is excellent. Really interesting. It's a 3 parter I think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tina Watson one fascinated me, really one of my favs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Katherine Knight. Peter Falconio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Jennifer Pan all day

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Jennifer Pan all day

Yea I think that was my favourite one too. And Tina Watson. Have struggled to find episodes that have gripped me as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Port Arthur episode was excellent.

Just listened to the Tina Watson one :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just listened to the Tina Watson one :(

Thought they did it so well, my opinion kept swaying back and forth, the way he described the underwater part really was some image.

pc7 wrote: »
    Thought they did it so well, my opinion kept swaying back and forth, the way he described the underwater part really was some image.
    Yeah me too - in the end i agreed they didnt have enough evidence for a murder charge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just realised that I haven't listened to the Tina Watson case... I must add it to the playlist!

pc7 wrote: »

That image will haunt me!

Yeah stuck with me for a long time. Gen why did it too I think and it was nothing like casefiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Not sure if people are aware that each episode is posted 1 week early on the Tunein app. :)

Btw the East area rapist case is one that stuck with me, horrific.

Can anyone confirm if the EAR episodes are worth a listen ? Wasnt a fan of the Jonestown ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Alot of people enjoyed them, I found it a bit exhausting at times because it seems to just keeping going and going, the crime spree was substantial and went on for years. But it was worth it towards the end when some things tie together.

I would be checking out the moors trilogy and the Yorkshire ripper above the ear, imo.

• Advertisement

I found ear fascinating and terrifying at the same time, couldn't listen at night. But I'd never heard the story or outcome so that helped me enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think there was a lot of repetition which made listening a bit of a chore at times. Worth it in the end. I don't there was a way of just skipping over some so they obviously laid it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭CiaranW

EAR is a great listen.
    My personal favourite, it is the same crime over and over again.

I'd give Yorkshire Ripper a listen though, as it is 3 episodes where EAR is 5 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Just listened to part one of the "Moors Murders"...they were sadistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Couldn't get into the last few episodes (since Jonestown) and I've listened to them all. That seems to be the opinion on the Casefile discussion group on Facebook. Looking forward to them doing the Graham O'Dwyer case if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Can anyone confirm if the EAR episodes are worth a listen ? Wasnt a fan of the Jonestown ones
    Well worth the listen. The most intriguing one for me so far. How he was not caught boggles the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I've been a fan of this podcast for quite some time. It's definitely the best of the true crime podcasts in my opinion. I also like 'Sword and Scale'. It has good production values, though the narrator on that one seems to indulge in the gore quite a bit more. Off-putting at times.

The EAR/ONS and Moors episodes were definitely the best for me. I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area two years ago and over the time getting to know the local geography. When the EAR/ONS episodes came up I couldn't believe that these were places not too far away from me! eek! Made it seem a lot more real for some reason...

Currently at the 'Walsh Street' episode after letting a few weeks of episodes build up. Very good so far (about half way through it)...
    those poor police officers :(

I like his narration I have to say. He is good at telling a story and building the vision of the scene or situation. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

I've been listening to this while cleaning the house, doing chores and sitting on the subway and jogging recently. Excellent Podcast. Very well researched and produced. The guy has a great voice and the Australian twang is relaxing to listen to. On episode 13 so far. I like that each episode is a different case. I still have a lot to listen to, in order to catch up but it's great. Thanks to this thread I discovered this podcast.

I'm not mad on the newer casefiles I think they're a bit rushed? I hope it's not losing it's magic. I wasn't at all gripped by the last two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm not mad on the newer casefiles I think they're a bit rushed? I hope it's not losing it's magic. I wasn't at all gripped by the last two.

I thought the exact same. Maybe I am used to the longer episodes but It felt rushed. I hope it’s not starting to lose it’s magic since seemingly it sold out to the corporates.

Advertisement