Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭CiaranW

I enjoyed case 65 and 64 over the previous cases before.

Hopefully the next few cases will be around the US, or even a multi episode similar to Yorkshire Ripper.
    Surely they have some of the big serial killers lined up like Dahmer, Gacy, Bundy etc and all the police work gone in to find them.
    The small Oz cases are losing their appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

anna080 wrote: »
    Another extremely predictable episode this week!

Listening to it now, and yeah it's not exactly a mystery but that aspect of the podcast isn't the selling point for me. It's a good story.

My favourite aspect is the production re ambient sound and audio. Outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

beans wrote: »
    Listening to it now, and yeah it's not exactly a mystery but that aspect of the podcast isn't the selling point for me. It's a good story.

My favourite aspect is the production re ambient sound and audio. Outstanding!

I usually listen to it going to sleep, so the sound effects and the unsettling, faint, soundtrack can really creep me out at times. So they are doing something right!

It's a bit disconcerting - even briefly terrifying - to snap awake in the middle of the dark night with Casefile still continuing in your ear..."they'd been stabbed more than fifty times and the children had been eaten"...complete with menacing soundscapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I prefer the story to the actual mystery of whoduunnit, most of the time you have a fair idea of the culprit fairly quickly. But its the story of how they catch them i enjoy. Esp he one about the child murderer where the police set up a fake criminal gang to catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Owryan wrote: »
    I prefer the story to the actual mystery of whoduunnit, most of the time you have a fair idea of the culprit fairly quickly. But its the story of how they catch them i enjoy. Esp he one about the child murderer where the police set up a fake criminal gang to catch him.

Which one was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm enjoying ep 64, but only about half way through it at the moment. I like not being familiar with the case sometimes. The intro was intriguing about the kidnap of the newborn baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Which one was that?

i think it was this one: http://casefilepodcast.com/case-54-daniel-morcombe/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Malari wrote: »
    I'm enjoying ep 64, but only about half way through it at the moment. I like not being familiar with the case sometimes. The intro was intriguing about the kidnap of the newborn baby.

Finished this one now, and thought it was great. The descriptive part about
    the kidnapper going to the electric chair was particularly disturbing!
    :eek:

Owryan wrote: »

I just finished listening to this. A tough one. The father's statement at the end had me in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I just finished listening to this. A tough one. The father's statement at the end had me in tears.

Me too - it's the only one I cried during and I've listened to them all! That one struck a nerve for some reason. But my God the police work was like something out of Hollywood. If it happened in a movie you'd call it far-fetched! Brilliant brilliant work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Good episode this week. No mystery or surprise given the episode title but a well told and fascinating story.

Yea I enjoyed it too.
    What a crazy bItch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure I even need spoiler tags but anyway
    How the hell did none of the hospital staff cop that he may have been poisoned, only that Blanche said he fell sick when he was out spraying weed killer did they think of testing for poison. Also, it was such a silly mistake by Blanche to tell the hospital staff of the weed killer, she'd have probably gotten away with it otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭CiaranW

Really good episode this week. Looking forward to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I really dont want to visit Australia after listening to all these episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

I really dont want to visit Australia after listening to all these episodes

Snowtown and Anita Cobby episodes really made it seem grim. I watched the 2011 movie Snowtown after...rough.
    But Wolf Creek had already put me off Oz for life!

Can really recommend the Sherri Rasmussen episode.

After a few so so ones its the best one i have listened to in a while

Can really recommend the Sherri Rasmussen episode.

After a few so so ones its the best one i have listened to in a while

Loved that case too; it was like a Michael Connolly novel! There's definitely a movie in that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Very different episode of Casefile this week. Not your usual whodunnit mystery but still very well presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I was in Alcatraz a few weeks ago so had done the audio tour which mentions this case. It was great to get a proper description of how it happened and I could picture where everything took place!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wasn’t going to listen as thought it was the Clint Eastwood movie lol! Glad I listened it was very well done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Superb episode, one of the best ones they have ever done. Was cool to see them approach a somewhat different subject matter, hopefully they do more episodes like this

Can anyone put their top 5 episodes so it saves me scrolling to loads to pick my next one

My 5 are

Amy Lynn Bradley
    Tina Watson
    Jennifer Pan
    Daniel Morcombe
    The EAR

Can anyone put their top 5 episodes so it saves me scrolling to loads to pick my next one

My 5 are

Amy Lynn Bradley
    Tina Watson
    Jennifer Pan
    Daniel Morcombe
    The EAR

Mine would be:
    Daniel Morcombe
    Sherri Rasmussen
    Peter Falconio
    Tina Watson
    The Somerton Man

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Mine would be:
    Daniel Morcombe
    Sherri Rasmussen
    Peter Falconio
    Tina Watson
    The Somerton Man

Thanks havent listened to either i will add to my playlist

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I started listening to these after a recommendation on one of the other threads here. So far, I have enjoyed most of them, I am listening chronologically so only up to Case File 18 I think. The Hollywood Shootout was the last one I listened to. Does it evolve much over time or is it the same format throughout?

The top 5 posts might help me sift through a few others rather than listening to everything sequentially :)

I wonder how long the true crime podcast genre can keep going in terms of interest for people who have been into it for a good while - eventually most of the good cases will have been done? Casefile still the best imo - can't really warm to the multiple narrator / beer swiller crime podcasts. Some of them are very disrespectful of victims - taking the piss about them and how stupid they were- can't remember which crowd it was - one with 3 lads discussing I think - covering Ted Bundy.
    (edit Last podcsast on the left episode 99)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭shannonman81

I just wanted to say thanks to anyone who recommended this. It's amazing.
    I've listened to about 5 episodes so far and it should be the benchmark for what true crime podcast should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

How the hell did they not catch the EAR?

Also to echo the above I think casefile is the best. I was listening to thinking sideways but casefile is just perfect. The presentation is excellent.

I hope they don't stop any time soon and continue doing other cases. Also somebody above said they must run out of cases. To be honest that is very difficult. I'd say they are just scratching the surface.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Un1corn wrote: »
    How the hell did they not catch the EAR?

Different time, no 24 hour news, social media, cctv, more innocent time (doors not locked), and a lot of luck!!!! They nearly had him so many times.

Advertisement