Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Called a number but it rang a different person/number

Options
  • 25-04-2017 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Bit of a strange one, Rang a saved number on the house phone and it connected with a different number, How would I go about finding the number it actually connected to ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was it a landline number or a mobile? Is the number in regular use? I heard recently in the media that numbers are being reused after disconnection, could be another customer given the it. Another posibility would be that the owner of the number has call forwaring setup to another number, possibly a number in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

It was a landline to a mobile and yes the mobile had call forwarding turned on but it was to another mobile that was not the phone that rang if you get me,

I need to be able to find the number that my house phone actually connected to and not the one it rang if that is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

eiei0 wrote: »
    It was a landline to a mobile and yes the mobile had call forwarding turned on but it was to another mobile that was not the phone that rang if you get me,

I need to be able to find the number that my house phone actually connected to and not the one it rang if that is possible
    Hi eiei0,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, if a number has been diverted you would be unable to find out the number your call has connected to as this would have been set up by the customer themselves.

I do apologise.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Problem is i know the number it was diverted to but it didn't it connected to some random number,
    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi eiei0,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, if a number has been diverted you would be unable to find out the number your call has connected to as this would have been set up by the customer themselves.

I do apologise.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi eiei0,

If the number you rang dialled through to another mobile number you are unsure of, the customer would have to contact our customer care team on freephone 1901 and we would have to check what mobile number the customer has it currently diverted to. 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement