Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Letter

Options
  • 26-04-2017 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I received my Grant letter today for a pistol Im getting it imported to a dealer, was just wondering does the licence commence from when the grant letter was issued or from when I pay the licence.
    The reason I ask is, it's coming into NI with another guys pistol I'm not sure of the time line for their import.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I think it's the date of issue of when the details are put into the pulse system.
    If you have the grant letter then it's in the system now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You pay for the license within 30 days of receiving the grant. As there is no exact date, only the month, on the license and as most if not everyone pays within that month it's very hard to distinguish if it's from the date on the grant or when you pay for the actual license.

Given its a three year license the few days variance won't be that much of an issue. However i imagine it'd be from the date the license is paid as the grant letter is not your license, and if not paid for it becomes void.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Last license date was the day before I got my grant letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Cass wrote: »
    As there is no exact date, only the month, on the license

All my licences have an expiry date as DD/MM/YYYY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You're spot on. Not sure what i was thinking about.

All i had to do was take one out of my wallet and look. See what laziness does. :D

I keep all me grant letters and i'm trying to find one the coincides with a current license. I'll check the dates on the grant against the license and see what difference, if any, appears.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement