Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission shop signage

Options
  • 26-04-2017 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm opening a shop and want some advice. I've been told by a few signage companies that I do not need planning permission for a flat printed/vinyl sign for the front of my shop. I have also read the relevant parts in Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2015 and it appears that we are exempt based on what it says in part 2 of the exempted developments-advertisements. However I still have doubts as the language used isn't straightforward. Can anyone explain the regulations in laymans terms? Be grateful for the help as there doesn't seem to be much help online. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Omgicbi wrote: »
    I'm opening a shop and want some advice. I've been told by a few signage companies that I do not need planning permission for a flat printed/vinyl sign for the front of my shop. I have also read the relevant parts in Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2015 and it appears that we are exempt based on what it says in part 2 of the exempted developments-advertisements. However I still have doubts as the language used isn't straightforward. Can anyone explain the regulations in laymans terms? Be grateful for the help as there doesn't seem to be much help online. Thanks.

Don't know the regulations but usually planning permission is needed for the likes of signs that are sticking out from building ,can't imagine planning permission stopping you putting a sign above the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Advertisement