Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery students, what is your experience?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping to get back to college over the next few years, I'm a single mum to a 7 year old so it just isn't possible at the moment, but I want to start preparing myself. It's always been my dream to be a midwife and I have done the pre-nursing and midwifery course, I'm also 25 so qualify as a mature student and will be applying as such.

Im just wondering what peoples' experience is of the course, especially if you are a student in UCD. What is the time table like? Work load, etc. I'm willing to put in the hard work, but I'm worried about how it will impact my daughter's life. Will I be getting home late, will I be too busy to spend time with her, etc.

Advertisement