Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to decide on what to buy or wait for..

• 26-04-2017 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Currently I have a 3 month old OnePlus 3t which in general is a great phone. That is apart from a average camera and Bluetooth that doesn't stream my media to my car and hasn't done apart since the last couple of updates except from the odd time. So I've decided to sell the OP3t and look elsewhere.
    I do like the look of the Samsung S8 plus but I'm not a huge fan of Samsung in general so I'd prefer to look elsewhere. Which at the moment doesn't leave me with much choice. I like the look of the Sony ZX Premium, plus the camera will be excellent but that won't be available until early June. The Nokia 9 is something I'd definably be interested too but again it's at least a couple of months away. And lastly I like the pixel XL but Google Ireland don't sell them here. Also is very expensive.
    P10 plus has different performances depending on the device and the screen lacks the slick coating.

So any other suggestions or advice would be welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

1jcdub wrote: »
    Currently I have a 3 month old OnePlus 3t which in general is a great phone. That is apart from a average camera and Bluetooth that doesn't stream my media to my car and hasn't done apart since the last couple of updates except from the odd time. So I've decided to sell the OP3t and look elsewhere.
    I do like the look of the Samsung S8 plus but I'm not a huge fan of Samsung in general so I'd prefer to look elsewhere. Which at the moment doesn't leave me with much choice. I like the look of the Sony ZX Premium, plus the camera will be excellent but that won't be available until early June. The Nokia 9 is something I'd definably be interested too but again it's at least a couple of months away. And lastly I like the pixel XL but Google Ireland don't sell them here. Also is very expensive.
    P10 plus has different performances depending on the device and the screen lacks the slick coating.

So any other suggestions or advice would be welcome...

The nokia 9 does indeed look the business,but its going to be priced not far off the pixel XL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

If camera quality is important to you then you can't get any better than the latest LG phones. It's not just good it's brilliant and has DSLR functionality. The LG G6 is their latest phone but the same camera is available on the G5 and G4 and on the V10, v20.

I guess to keep your options open, you could wait a bit to see the HTC U 11 which is unveiled in a few weeks. I was adamant I wasn't going HTC again this year, but I've heard that the camera on the U 11 is something that will outdo everything that's available at the moment.

The EU LG G6 doesn't have the same spec as other countries, and is a bit hard to get ahold of in Ireland.

The S8 has some teething problems with lag, red screen etc.

I guess if you wait long enough, the Pixel 2 and Samsung Note will be out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anything you buy will be a very minor increment on the 3T.

If it were me, I'd be trying to sort out the two minor gripes you have and wait until 2018 for a refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

ED E wrote: »
    Anything you buy will be a very minor increment on the 3T.

If it were me, I'd be trying to sort out the two minor gripes you have and wait until 2018 for a refresh.

I did try sort out the issues but unfortunately the Bluetooth issue is the most annoying. I'm paying for Spotify and I can't​ use it. I'm going to give it until June and see what's available. Hopefully the Nokia 9 will be close to release , also looking forward to the Sony XZ Premium review.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ED E wrote: »

How do you fix camera and Bluetooth issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Basil3 wrote: »
    I guess to keep your options open, you could wait a bit to see the HTC U 11 which is unveiled in a few weeks. I was adamant I wasn't going HTC again this year, but I've heard that the camera on the U 11 is something that will outdo everything that's available at the moment.

The EU LG G6 doesn't have the same spec as other countries, and is a bit hard to get ahold of in Ireland.

The S8 has some teething problems with lag, red screen etc.

I guess if you wait long enough, the Pixel 2 and Samsung Note will be out :D

I'd love a pixel 2 after my Nexus 6P experience. If only Google could improve on their supply and demand issues and also sell them in the republic like the 6P would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

beauf wrote: »
    How do you fix camera and Bluetooth issues?

Cameras not that bad, certainly no potato.

Bluetooth sounds like a s/w issue, havent looked into it but one would hope its patchable.

Advertisement