Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with your call center?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I rang 0818365365 and I am unable to speak with someone. I spent 10 minutes trying to talk to someone only to be looped back on myself because none of your options apply to me.

How do I speak with an operator, can you put the call center navigation online so people can navigate it without the frustration of listening to irrelevant slowly spoken directions that may or may not be appropriate to you.

I have an emergency with missing payments from my account and I cant reach anyone on your end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I rang 0818365365 and I am unable to speak with someone. I spent 10 minutes trying to talk to someone only to be looped back on myself because none of your options apply to me.

How do I speak with an operator, can you put the call center navigation online so people can navigate it without the frustration of listening to irrelevant slowly spoken directions that may or may not be appropriate to you.

I have an emergency with missing payments from my account and I cant reach anyone on your end.
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing delays whilst calling.

When calling you will be asked to select option 1 for Personal customers, then for account inquiries select option 1 then select the * key then select option 4 this will transfer you to a representative.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

BOI....you don't give this as an option on the recording.....people are not Psychic!

368100 wrote: »
    BOI....you don't give this as an option on the recording.....people are not Psychic!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can confirm the options above are provided in our self-service menu when call BOI Direct. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭blahblahbla

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can confirm the options above are provided in our self-service menu when call BOI Direct. [/font]

What you have done is made these details extremely difficult to obtain. I rang several times and I still dont know when or where you said this
    Its actually incredibly frustrating. 

I spent over an hour this morning trying to resolve what should have been a simple matter. Eventually I had to call into the bank to where someone there put me on a phone to one of your agents. It was quicker for me to go into town and go to the bank rather then actually ring you.  Why are these details not mapped on an easy to reach place online where people dont have through someone telling them largely irrelevant information.  

<snip>

This is why I've gone to KBC, they don't mind talking to customers, have an 1800 phone number that you get straight through to someone on and staff who are actually happy to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

What you have done is made these details extremely difficult to obtain. I rang several times and I still dont know when or where you said this

I spent over an hour this morning trying to resolve what should have been a simple matter. Eventually I had to call into the bank to where someone there put me on a phone to one of your agents. It was quicker for me to go into town and go to the bank rather then actually ring you.  Why are these details not mapped on an easy to reach place online where people dont have through someone telling them largely irrelevant information.  

The truth is this is just a way for you guys to rip customers off.
    Here is what a quick google of an 0818 number tells you:

[font=arial, sans-serif] A 0818 number is known as a National Call number. This type of phone number was devised to allow businesses charge an extra small premium above the regular cost of the call.[/font]
    Hi blahblahblah, 

We're sorry to hear you had this difficulty when calling us. Can you let us know did you dial the 0818365365 number and select the options as advised by Tara? We have checked these options and these should be working correctly. 
    We will certainly forward your comments to the team regarding the phone options as they are constantly reviewed and changed based on feedback. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

This is why I've gone to KBC, they don't mind talking to customers, have an 1800 phone number that you get straight through to someone on and staff who are actually happy to be there.
    Whats the online banking facility like, I find BOI awkward to use. Like it logs you out for bizarre reasons like pressing a back button. 

[font=arial, sans-serif] A 0818 number is known as a National Call number. This type of phone number was devised to allow businesses charge an extra small premium above the regular cost of the call.[/font]
    Hi blahblahblah, 

We're sorry to hear you had this difficulty when calling us. Can you let us know did you dial the 0818365365 number and select the options as advised by Tara? We have checked these options and these should be working correctly. 
    We will certainly forward your comments to the team regarding the phone options as they are constantly reviewed and changed based on feedback. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Yes, I did. Multiple times. But your service is very badly designed ,unless the objective is to frustrate,annoy and drain as much money from the phone bill as possible - then its working fine.
    Since you are closing branches to "Save money" the least ye could do is not charge people who actually need customer service.

Hi blahblahblah, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Yes, I did. Multiple times. But your service is very badly designed ,unless the objective is to frustrate,annoy and drain as much money from the phone bill as possible - then its working fine.
    Since you are closing branches to "Save money" the least ye could do is not charge people who actually need customer service.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We’ll certainly pass on your feedback.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to raise an official complaint you can do so here.[/font]

Whats the online banking facility like, I find BOI awkward to use. Like it logs you out for bizarre reasons like pressing a back button. 
    Fairly straightforward, you need the mobile app to generate a code to get you into the website if you need to use it but login to app is by fingerprint only so its quicker than BOI to get into. All functions can be done on the app simply enough too inclusing account opening.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod: This is the BoI talk to forum where customers can engage with and discuss issues with a company rep. To discuss alternatives and banking in general, please use the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum.

Advertisement