Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision IP Camera

Options
  • 26-04-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had recent experience on hikvision IP cameras?

I have a new ip camera but none of the plug ins for the embedded web-server work in any modern browser. I tried to upgrade the firmware but it says i have the latest. Is there another way of managing these cameras via the cloud?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Firefox works still afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The latest version of fire fox doesn't seem to work. I'll try fire up a virtual machine later on and use an older version. Seems like fairly ok camera, the image quality at night is quite good too. Just need to be able to access it and fully configure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I use safari on the Mac. Works fine. Firefox and Chrome won't work. You can use ivms on Windows / Mac to configure them too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

firefox has an esr - extended release browser that supports them

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Advertisement