Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpay Express how long?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I transferred a large sum of money in branch at lunchtime yesterday to the UK, I paid extra for the express option and have yet to see the money go from my account.

Can you advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oscar Mike in 5 Mikes

I transferred a large sum of money in branch at lunchtime yesterday to the UK, I paid extra for the express option and have yet to see the money go from my account.

Can you advise?

Any luck with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Can you advise?

Any luck with this?
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here.

We can confirm once you have requested interpay express the payment will reach the beneficiary bank by close of business today. This will show as a debit on your account by end of day today.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BMW318iSEAuto

Can you advise?

Any luck with this?
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here.

We can confirm once you have requested interpay express the payment will reach the beneficiary bank by close of business today. This will show as a debit on your account by end of day today.

Thanks,

Tara C
    I was in the Ballsbridge branch at 10am this morning. I requested an Interpay Express payment from my own BOI account to TransferWise. The amount to be transferred was €500k and I had been given a guaranteed sterling rate of £423,788.44 from TransferWise assuming the Euro funds were received by them before Monday at 18.37. I was capitalising on the strength of Sterling post-election and was due to make in the region of 7-8k as per the exchange rate today.

I duly filed out the relevant Interpay form. The young lady who was dealing with this seemed completely inexperienced and out of her depth. I kept asking if the payment would be processed today and she continually replied ‘yes’ because “it was going to be actioned before the 12pm cut-off”.

At 3.30 today, I received a call from the aforementioned lady informing me that they can't make transfers to a bank in Brussels (which is where the TransferWise bank is located). Really?? This is not outer Mongolia we are talking about; this is somewhere in the heart of the EU. Why no mention of this restriction when I completed the form and she countersigned it and got her boss to sign it off? She said, instead, they could make a standard transfer, but this would take 3-4 days i.e. past the cut off time for the TransferWise rate to be applicable. Why can BOI make transfers to Brussels using the standard Interpay facility but not the express facility?

I asked to speak to a senior person at the branch. Eventually spoke to a guy who asked what rate I was getting from TransferWise. The reason being was that he said he could request that BOI could maybe match this rate so that I was not out of pocket (fat chance of that happening I replied). I said I didn’t have that information to hand (I was in Tesco’s at the time) and wouldn’t have it before they closed at 4pm.

I asked to speak to the manager but apparently the manager covers four BOI branches and was currently in the Merrion branch. I duly went in to see the manager in Merrion, on the way back from Tesco’s, at 15.50. When I arrived, she was on the phone to the person in the Ballsbridge branch getting a heads up. Her manner thereafter was abrupt and lacking empathy. She said the young lady in Ballsbridge had only been working at BOI for a week. I explained that this was not my problem and emphasised that the form had been countersigned by a supposedly more senior person.

She said there was nothing she could do until Monday when she would be back in the Ballsbridge branch - i.e. there was no inclination or desire for her to request copies of the transfer form be emailed/faxed over from Ballsbridge in order to expedite this matter.

I then came home at 4pm and called BOI customer services. The guy I spoke to opened a complaint file. He said he would immediately contact the branch and the ‘roving’ manager to get a better handle on what went wrong. He said he would call me back this evening. It is now 18.45 and still no reply.

Clearly BOI are cost cutting, hence only having one manager for four branches. The results of same mean that BOI are employing young and inexperienced staff to handle, unchecked and unsupervised, significant transactions without any experience. The result of such incompetence is that I am now at least 7-8k down. Awful staff, shocking customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing this with us.

We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Could we ask you to send us a private message?

We will certainly forward your feedback onto branch management. If you would like to raise a formal complaint you may do so on the below link to our complaints process and online form.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Interpay Express makes payments using SWIFT, the transferwise website says that these accounts cannot accept SWIFT payments so it is your bank that is at fault not BOI and there was no way for the counter staff to know this

• Advertisement
Advertisement