Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shift changes

Options
  • 26-04-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Currently working a 24/7 4 shift pattern, 4 on 4 off, 2 days 2 nights, 12 hour shifts.
    Customer has pulled product from our building so we're redispersed to other area's for 3 months.
    shift is being changed to a mon-thurs,tues-friday pattern. Shift rate is staying the same.
    Issue is that on this pattern we go from a 8 day week to a 7 day week and over 3 months we'll work an additional 7 days without pay.
    just to be clear, I'm not bothered about the pay, I'm more concerned with the loss of 7 days home time.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Currently working a 24/7 4 shift pattern, 4 on 4 off, 2 days 2 nights, 12 hour shifts.
    Customer has pulled product from our building so we're redispersed to other area's for 3 months.
    shift is being changed to a mon-thurs,tues-friday pattern. Shift rate is staying the same.
    Issue is that on this pattern we go from a 8 day week to a 7 day week and over 3 months we'll work an additional 7 days without pay.
    just to be clear, I'm not bothered about the pay, I'm more concerned with the loss of 7 days home time.
    Any thoughts?

Are the shifts still 12 hours, will you be working more hours in total or rostered to be there for more frequent shorter shifts.

When you spoke to your manager what did they say ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Yep, still 12 hours. as i've said the new shift will make us work an extra 6 hours per week. Manager was fairly unsure of what i said and replied with a " we'll get back to you", that was 2 days ago..

Advertisement