Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise to Dublin for 9am?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 12:55pm

Staying in Portlaoise tonight, need to be in city centre for 9am in the morning. Presuming drive to Red Cow, Luas from there is the fastest. How late would you leave it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I'd suggest leaving no later than 7am - I know people who commute from there and it can take up to 1.5 hours just to get to the red cow on a bad day. If you left at 6:30am you could probably do it in an hour to the red cow. 6:30 would/should give a comfortable safety margin.

dogmatix wrote: »
    I'd suggest leaving no later than 7am - I know people who commute from there and it can take up to 1.5 hours just to get to the red cow on a bad day. If you left at 6:30am you could probably do it in an hour to the red cow. 6:30 would/should give a comfortable safety margin.

Great, thanks for that. Looks like no breakfast for me...might grab whatever's on the buffet at 7am and run for car!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Give yourself plenty of time...the smallest of accidents on the M7/n7 can cause huge delays...Nearly missed a Hosptial appointment a few weeks back..a small accident caused an hours back up..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could get the train from Port Laoise to Hueston, and then the Luas to Lower Abbey Street. It might be quicker and less stresful.

Oh excellent, thanks for that. I see there's one at 8, in just before 9...but 10 mins should be okay and destination on heuston side of city centre. Course it would mean getting back out to Portlaoise for car...but sure that's only half an hour more than travelling to Red Cow...

• Advertisement
Advertisement