Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera belt holder/holster recommendation

• 26-04-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm interested in buying a belt camera holder/holster- can anyone recommend any please?

I've seen a wedding photographer with one and it seems very handy.

Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Personally they seem great for m4/3 but no use for full frame. Normally you wouldnt see a wedding photog shooting that small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I have the SpiderLight holster myself. It's great, clips on to your belt, very secure and so easy to quickly access your camera.

https://spiderholster.com/products/spiderlight/

I have their handstrap too btw.
    ED E wrote: »
    Personally they seem great for m4/3 but no use for full frame. Normally you wouldnt see a wedding photog shooting that small.

Kinda true, I use the SpiderLight for my X-T2... I'm a wedding photographer btw and know others who also shoot "that small" :) I've seen wedding photographers on full frame DSLRs using belts though. Not as lightweight as the one I mentioned but they are used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Not a camera holster, but this came up on my FB feed a few days ago.

http://www.friidesigns.com/

Could be a handy way of carrying lenses rather than lugging a camera bag about. Pricing hasn't been announced as of yet.

BTW. regarding camera holsters....I considered looking for one too, but instead went down the sling strap route instead (BlackRapid Sport for the heavy camera/lens combos and the Dual sling for lighter gear).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Nforce wrote: »
    Not a camera holster, but this came up on my FB feed a few days ago.

http://www.friidesigns.com/

Could be a handy way of carrying lenses rather than lugging a camera bag about. Pricing hasn't been announced as of yet.

Interesting concept but jut look how much its pulling down his belt and pants when he fits the 70-200 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

I've used the Spider system (7d w/grip & 70-200) and it's the business. Have walked miles with it on the golf course and it's 100 times better than a sling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

can I ask @Nforce, where did you purchase the Spider Hand strap? Their shipping fees are 50% the cost of the product itself. Did you buy from one of their vendors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

can I ask @Nforce, where did you purchase the Spider Hand strap? Their shipping fees are 50% the cost of the product itself. Did you buy from one of their vendors?

Its Bacchus that has used the Spider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Nforce wrote: »
    Its Bacchus that has used the Spider.

oops, sorry, @Bacchus same question for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭Bacchus

oops, sorry, @Bacchus same question for you :D

I bought direct. I was buying a few things though so the shipping cost wasn't as big a factor in the overall cost.

Advertisement