Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the hell do I insure a 04 car?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

So, I'm learning to drive and we're trying to get insurance on our 04 Nissan Almera. My husband has been driving 10+ years full licence and has 10+ years no claims so we're going to put the insurance in his name and add me as an extra driver. The thing is.... most providers won't quote us and the ones that do are looking for over a grand.... Is this the norm? It's starting to get really annoying providing all the details only to get told they can't quote us at this time!! :mad:
    Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Read the thread at top of forum "Insurance for >15 year old cars". But yeah it could possibly be a grand or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Over a grand (up to €1500) is actually "cheap" for an experienced driver and a new learner.

Probably be better off longer term with your own policy from day one, no?

But im sure the car itself will be insurable, as said, though, being new to driving, the insurance companies will have a great time quoting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

If this is only car between ye both and he adds you to his existing insurer then it's straightforward

If this is 2nd car then he can't mirror or use his NCB twice..

Policy holder name is normally declaring they are the full main user of car but if he has own car then this 2nd car needs to be in your name(learner driver)

Some companies may quote but will just reject claim under 'failure to disclose main driver/fronting

Advertisement