Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MARKREE RIDING STABLES COLLOONEY

Options
  • 26-04-2017 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Can anybody give me the heads up on this riding school in Collooney? I've tried phoning, email, website etc and can't get any response. :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I's say you're flogging a dead horse there.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Can anybody give me the heads up on this riding school in Collooney? I've tried phoning, email, website etc and can't get any response. :confused::confused::confused:

Its no longer in operation since Markree was up for sale. I found this out when i sent out a message on facebook to them regarding a to secure a summer position.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

They were closed for renovations recently. If you message them on Facebook Caroline will get back to you, The school is there just not affiliated to Castle anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

'closed for renovations recently' doesen't make sence, it's advertised as up for sale!! I might just leave it, a few other thing cropped up too, I think I may just try somewhere else. Thanks anyway @ Mrsquigley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

The stables has changed ownership. As of now it is no longer managed by the previous owners and unsure whether they will return to manage it as the riding school.

Word on street it'll be a private breaking yard renting arena to local pony clubs/competitive jumping groups.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Jesus!! I didn't know it changed hands, do you know if the same couple who ran the place are still working there???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

As far as I'm aware not right now though they do plan to re-open a riding school again soon, most likely close to their home. Lovely couple and they're great at what they do so I hope whatever they do works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Caroline and Rocky have now built an outdoor arena beside their home just outside ballygawley/collooney. Down the dowra line.
    They are starting lessons again from September. Can't wait to go back as has been ages since I've been riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware not right now though they do plan to re-open a riding school again soon, most likely close to their home. Lovely couple and they're great at what they do so I hope whatever they do works out for them.

As long as his wife behaves herself. Two years suspended! Outrageous.

http://www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-sligo-champion/20160202/281487865380981

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

That incident happened 3 years ago. I don't know why you had to dig it out again other than to try and damage the return of their business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

red sean wrote: »
    That incident happened 3 years ago. I don't know why you had to dig it out again other than to try and damage the return of their business.

Let's hope 3 years is enough to cure that temper. Personally I would want to know, which is why I posted it.

Advertisement