Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food after Darkness into light Salthill

Options
  • 26-04-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Doing this on 6th May and wondering if anyone knows of any restaurants which will be open after it. Last year there was a few but had no money on us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It starts at 4.15am and finishes wherever you have walked or run 5km, probably an hour or so.
    That's 5.15am and not many restaurants will be open at that time.

What restaurants were open last year?

I'm running in Oranmore but will just head home after and have regular breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

The Galleon was open last year and it was absolutely rammers by half five.... you are probably better off the go home and fry up a rasher or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Doing this on 6th May and wondering if anyone knows of any restaurants which will be open after it. Last year there was a few but had no money on us!
    Check with the village salthill page on fb, they know what's happening with businesses there.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Cafe Temple are opening - saw it on their FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Just seen on FB that the Galway Bay hotel are serving breakfasts from 4.45am on Darkness into Light morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

well don't bother to go near coco cafe anyway as I seen online they refused to display 1 small poster to advertise the biggest suicide awareness walk in the country all year

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pure.conya wrote: »
    well don't bother to go near coco cafe anyway as I seen online they refused to display 1 small poster to advertise the biggest suicide awareness walk in the country all year

Most cafes have a no-posters policy - for good reason. They'd get swamped otherwise.

(And I say that as someone who puts up promotional posters around town a few times a year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So Coco cafe will be open too. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Advertisement