Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recomendations for restaurants this weekend

• 26-04-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    Im looking recommendations for restaurants in London this weekend. We arrive in our hotel in holborn area around 7.30 on friday night and staying for three nights. We havent got anything booked as its a last min thing as my wife has been caring for her mam since christmas and needs a break for a few days. I want to make it a bit special but am restricted to a bit of a budget so 'fine dining' in an expensive restaurant is out. As i say any recommendations in or around Holborn for the friday night and then elsewhere for the Saturday and Sunday would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Can you be more specific on your price range for the meal. One persons cheap meal is anothers expensive one. Also is the price inclusive of alcohol and how much alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Can you be more specific on your price range for the meal. One persons cheap meal is anothers expensive one. Also is the price inclusive of alcohol and how much alcohol?

Cheers, yeah I don't mind to be honest as I've paid 35€ for mains that have been bettered by 15-20€ main courses. Somewhere in that ballpark is what I was thinking... but not Asian as I've never really done sit down meals with rice/noodles etc. Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Flat Iron in Covent Garden (or Soho).

You can't book a table, but you go there about an hour before you want to eat, they'll take your phone number and you go off for a drink (not far away). You get a text when your table is ready and you have ten minutes to get back there. The steak is really good quality and an absolute bargain of £10 - so when you get a couple of sides and a glass of wine, it'll be around £25 per person.

Here's the website but you can do a google image search to see the menu:
    http://flatironsteak.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

I hope you dont mind me hijacking this thread.

Heading over with my better half for 3 nights soon,staying close to Covent Garden,could any of you recommend some nice restraunts/bars etc etc please.

We plan hitting a show,would it be recommended to get tickets before hand or just get them when we arrive?

One last thing,is an Oyster card the best way to go with regard getting around London?

Thanks.

Advertisement