If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget is €300 max - please make me an offer I cant refuse

Options
  • 26-04-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds.
    ;Im in the market for some sound, I've been contemplating the sonos and bose entry level speakers for a while now but if i'm honest with myself I just want the best sound for the best price - it doesn't necessarily have to have both bluetooth and wifi *although one of these would be nice,

I know this example has neither but it seems to offer the most sound - decent sub and 2 speakers that can fill a room for a decent price.
    Can you source this produce at a similar price or offer me something else I might consider

here's what I'm about to spend my money on:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BOSE COMPANION3 at €299[/font]

http://www.sherwoods.ie/product/pc-speakers/bose/companion3/bos-companion3

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dball wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds.
    ;Im in the market for some sound, I've been contemplating the sonos and bose entry level speakers for a while now but if i'm honest with myself I just want the best sound for the best price - it doesn't necessarily have to have both bluetooth and wifi *although one of these would be nice,

I know this example has neither but it seems to offer the most sound - decent sub and 2 speakers that can fill a room for a decent price.
    Can you source this produce at a similar price or offer me something else I might consider

here's what I'm about to spend my money on:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BOSE COMPANION3 at €299[/font]

http://www.sherwoods.ie/product/pc-speakers/bose/companion3/bos-companion3
    Hi dball,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Unfortunately we don't stock Bose products. The Bose stuff is good but I find you can usually get a better system for the same price or less. Are you looking for something to attach to your computer or TV or are you looking for something like a Mini Hifi system for CDs and streaming.

The first I would look at would be the Denon DM40 which is a mini system with DAB radio, CD player, Digital and analogue inputs and a USB input as well. We sell this as a bundle with many different types of speakers but a good setup would be matched with the Q Acoustics 3010. It's a little but more than your budget at 312 Euro but is a great sounding system. The only thing it doesn't have is Bluetooth/wifi streaming.

https://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah012730

Is this system mainly for music or connecting to an external device? Let me know and I'll see what else I have for you.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks for the reply, I def need something with either Bluetooth or WiFi.

I know you are going to come back to me with the suggestion of a SOnos - im not ruling them out.
    I just think for my budget I can get something that can offer good stereo sound and give me some decent bass ( The subwoofer in my original post is what is tempting me!)

I'm looking for bang for my buck, its all about the sound and maybe Bose isnt everyone's favorite brand but anytime i've heard them they sound good enough for what i want

Its primary use for me would be the radio - Tunein or similar
    Its 2nd function would be spotify - or streamed music.

Any more suggestions are welcome - thanks in advance!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dball wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I def need something with either Bluetooth or WiFi.

I know you are going to come back to me with the suggestion of a SOnos - im not ruling them out.
    I just think for my budget I can get something that can offer good stereo sound and give me some decent bass ( The subwoofer in my original post is what is tempting me!)

I'm looking for bang for my buck, its all about the sound and maybe Bose isnt everyone's favorite brand but anytime i've heard them they sound good enough for what i want

Its primary use for me would be the radio - Tunein or similar
    Its 2nd function would be spotify - or streamed music.

Any more suggestions are welcome - thanks in advance!
    Hi dball,

To get good stereo with those features you would be going a bit out of the budget but I would look at something like the Marantz MCR611. It is streaming mini system with built in CD player, Bluetooth, WiFi streaming, Internet Radio, digital optical input, analogue and USB inputs, subwoofer output and DAB radio.

You would need a set of speakers but for a bundle on this system you would be starting off at £389 sterling for the unit with the Q Acoustics 3010 speakers.

The Sonos units are very good as well but if it is pure audio quality you are looking for I'd go for the Marantz system.

let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.