Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Theft attempts from Coolmine train station

Options
  • 26-04-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭

FYI: I got off the train at Coolmine at 15:10 today and 6 youths went straight to the bikes and tried to rob them. When unsuccessful they tried to kick in a bike locker.

It looked like their only reason for being on the train was to rob bikes at different stations.

It a few goes for Blanch Gardai to answer the phone.

I rang Irish Rail too and pinged them on twitter. They're happy to provide cctv if the Gardai request it. It would be great if they could track their original station - the local Gardai there may know them.

(I also posted this in Dublin 15 Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

daymobrew wrote: »
    It a few goes for Blanch Gardai to answer the phone.
    Sorry, but it's not clear. Did the Gardai take your call in the end? What was the outcome?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a friend of mine once cycled to coolmine railway station. he'd been planning to cycle much more, but the bike was stolen the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Sorry, but it's not clear. Did the Gardai take your call in the end? What was the outcome?
    Sorry for the ambiguity. When they answered I was told that they'd already got a call about it (fair play to that other person!).

I waited around for 5 more mins to see if the Garda car would arrive but no sign of it.
    A short while later, after I posted on a closed local facebook group, a person replied saying that they saw the Gardai circling the train station car park.

I rang the Bike Locker guy to let him know what happened. The bike lockers are all still intact.

Advertisement