Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to create a second network

Options
  • 26-04-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I have the virgin media hub in my house that is the main source of hard-wired internet and wi-fi. I also have several switches running off this, one is out in a log cabin at the end of the garden (via cat6). in here I have a second pc, a network media player and other various devices all connected to an 8 port gigabit swith. I want to use my now redundant Dlink DIR655 router to creat a wireless network in the cabin, but as it's basically going to be hard-wired to the virgin hub via switches, and has the same i.p. address as the hub - how can I do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Set it up as an access point. "DIR655 Access Point" into google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

set the dir655 to be another address in the same subnet (outside of the DHCP range of the Virign, or say 192.168.1.254) and turn off DHCP on it

Advertisement