Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC gate remote

Options
  • 26-04-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. I have 2 FAAC remotes for electric gates(787452). I needed an extra one so brought on line. Instructions on YouTube etc say to program it off a master remote by pressing button(s) on original until flashes. Unfortunately it is not working (light does not flash if press P1 on its own or P1 and P2 together) and I think I have 2 slave remotes rather than "master" ones. Any way around this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

This might be too late for you but sure I'll answer anyway.

I think you have to be careful what you buy online sometimes as the frequencies might be different. Plus some remotes are pretty weird as regards programming. Not sure which one you have but I'll talk about my one!

The cheapish remotes (433MHz) I bought (from ebay from a fellow in the North - linky) have 4 buttons on them.

Pushing A and B together and holding for 10 seconds or so will wipe all internal memory. Which is easy to do if you "fat finger" your remote in the car - instead of the gate opening, the remote resets :rolleyes:

Pushing any button A, B, C, D briefly when unprogrammed will cause the light to flicker briefly but that's all.

To program you "point" any working remote at it (it's radio so "pointing" is somewhat unnecessary :p), activate the working remote, and hold. Then press the button you want to program on the new remote and hold it until the light goes steady. Then you can let go both buttons. That's it.

Advertisement