Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card not working properly. What to do with it?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭

I had attempted to make a transaction with my debit card at my local service station in Dublin to pay for some food items. I had keyed in my pin number 4 times & the card would not process either transaction.

The total bill for the transaction was for €11.53 cent.

I have not made other transactions with the card today. I did try to get through to your BOI 365 phone service and it said that your bank is investigating issues with debit card transactions. It said that ATM withdrawls are working normally. I could not through to a customer service rep because my phone had ran out my small amount of credit.

Would ATM Transactions work on my own debit card for now?

Thanks.

EDIT: I hope you can make the message as their are some errors in it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I had attempted to make a transaction with my debit card at my local service station in Dublin to pay for some food items. I had keyed in my pin number 4 times & the card would not process either transaction.

The total bill for the transaction was for €11.53 cent.

I have not made other transactions with the card today. I did try to get through to your BOI 365 phone service and it said that your bank is investigating issues with debit card transactions. It said that ATM withdrawls are working normally. I could not through to a customer service rep because my phone had ran out my small amount of credit.

Would ATM Transactions work on my own debit card for now?

Thanks.

EDIT: I hope you can make the message as their are some errors in it.
    Hi dublinman1990, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear this. We are aware that some customers Visa Debit cards were unable to make transactions on Wednesday evening. This is now resolved and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement