Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prank/spam call from 081 number

• 26-04-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had a women call me with regarding "speeding I had been doing" Said I was doing 105 in a 50 and have to pay 680 euro and get 2 penelty points...
    I knew straight away that I wasn't going to be caught doing that speed but I was still baffeled at the call. I was going to ask he which insurance's company is she from but she then went on to say its a BMW m3 which,thankfully, I knew it wasn't my car. She then ended it by saying it was a joke and laughed and hung up...
    How can I report the number or what should I do? Is it to do with my provider (Vodafone) or that 081 number? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Was it an 0818 number?

I'd report it to ComReg and/or the Garda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

sounds like a pre-recorded prank message. My mate sent me one about my dog barking. It records the conversation and sends it to him. It has the woman laughing at the end so sounds very similar to yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 nate.drake

Very mysterious, who's pranking you? :-)

Advertisement