Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Cannot Get Mail - The Connection to the server failed"

Options
  • 26-04-2017 8:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Running the latest beta on a 5s. Having issues with Mail over the past week or so, it's not pulling in any messages or refreshing the app, at all. It says "Cannot Get Mail - The Connection to the server failed". I haven't changed any settings on Mail, so I'm not sure what's going on. It's my work email, handy to check on the go sometimes. Can't do that any more at the moment. I know our IT guy in work was tinkering with the server in the office to cut down on spam, perhaps something changed there.

I would like to delete the account and start again to see if that works, unfortunately, there is no 'delete account' option available (such as here) when I go into the mail account settings. It's an Exchange account.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got one part sorted, slight. I was able to remove the email profile and reinstall it. Settings > General > Profiles. Now my address book and contacts are back - good.

Fetching messages and the mailbox is still not working...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A bit of a faff but why not roll back from the latest IOS beta to the current stock firmware and check if mail works fine? You will then know if it is the beta or your work mail that is the issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've removed the beta profile now, restarted. I've trying to restore through iTunes. "There was a problem downloading the software for iPhone 'TBO work'. The requested resource was not found." No luck with Mail yet anyway.

Edit 1, got the restore working. Now on iOS 10.3.2 (14F5086a). Should I be on 10.3.1?

Edit 2, have lost most of my contacts again.

Edit 3, trying to install my work mail profile one way "The authenticity of tbo@blahblah.ie cannot be verified". Profile installs, but nada as far as Mail working. Contacts have come back, at least that.

Advertisement