Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental van insurance

Options
  • 26-04-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi all
    heading from cork up to ikea next month and the plan is to rent a van for a couple of days. thought i could just transfer my insurance but rang aviva today and they said i can't do this as they don't cover rentals. the place i'm hoping to rent the van from offers insurance for about €50 for the two days. just wondering if anyone has used any other company for this type of insurance so i can price around??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

€50 for 2 days ain't bad.
    Technically if u crash that van or into someone else then bar the excess u liable to pay 'you don't loose your car NCB'

some private car companies only cover social domestic and pleasure on a car thus they don't take risk that driving a van, possibly your 1st time, doesn't leave you as easy target for misjudging parking/driving

Advertisement