Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPE as a Non-Exam Subject?

Options
  • 26-04-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone please clarify for me if the present first years or the incoming first years will be studying CSPE as a non-exam subject? There seems to be some confusion about this in my school.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

JK82 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone please clarify for me if the present first years or the incoming first years will be studying CSPE as a non-exam subject? There seems to be some confusion about this in my school.

Present first years it is an exam subject, incoming first years will do the new course, which is under the wellbeing umbrella. There have been numourous changes to this is the past few years, I'm not surprised there is confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nanana

Present first years it is an exam subject, incoming first years will do the new course, which is under the wellbeing umbrella. There have been numourous changes to this is the past few years, I'm not surprised there is confusion.

Students must study CSPE.
    The options available are set out in the Guidelines for
    Wellbeing in Junior Cycle (2017) and include:
     the Civic Social Political Education specification
    for the Junior Cycle short course in CSPE (2016)
     the Junior Certificate syllabus for CSPE (1996). A
    Junior Certificate examination will not be available
    for this subject after 2019. The Wellbeing
    Guidelines outline the way in which wellbeing,
    including CSPE, is assessed and reported on. \0

Incoming first years will not have CSPE exam in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Incoming first years must include CSPE, SPHE and PE in the wellbeing programme with an option to include non exam RE and guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jamfa

TheDriver wrote: »
    Incoming first years must include CSPE, SPHE and PE in the wellbeing programme with an option to include non exam RE and guidance

Non exam RE isn't part of Wellbeing.

Advertisement