Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsany GP 2017

Options
  • 26-04-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Dunsany GP races for A3 and A4 riders only goes ahead on Sat May 6th.
    Same format as previous editions
    Venue Dunsany GAA Grounds
    Sign on opens 9.00am
    Circuit..Green Sheds circuit 17km
    Race Start times
    A3 Race 10.30am 4 x laps 68km
    A4 Race 10.34am 3 x laps 51km
    Usual green sheds circuit with the races coming off circuit at the end of the final lap,making a right turn for the uphill finish outside the church in Dunsany.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi
    Is the finish up passed the sign on place at the Dunsany G.A.A. Club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

Finish is outside Dunsany Church just before entrance to sign on venue..Weather is looking good so hope to see a few of ye in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw more combine harvesters today than ever before :pac:

Enjoyable race. Well done with organising the last minute course change, it was seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Couldn't make the race today was the route not the one planned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I saw more combine harvesters today than ever before :pac:

Enjoyable race. Well done with organising the last minute course change, it was seamless.

Agree. Very little incidents this time around. Though. Inch seemed a lot smaller by the time I ended up hovering around the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I saw more combine harvesters today than ever before :pac:...
    In May??

Probably forage harvesters doing the first silage cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Couldn't make the race today was the route not the one planned?

No it had to be changed to the Kilmessan GP route due to a local event.

In May??

Probably forage harvesters doing the first silage cut.

Charity event

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Charity event
    http://www.combines4charity.com/

I was wondering why there were so many.

Thanks to the 136 riders who pinned on numbers this morning.
    Sorry for the last minute route change but it would have been irresponsible to allow it go ahead on the original circuit due to the high numbers of vehicles and people attending the combine event.Have a history of this kind of thing.
    Alls well that ends well and with thanks to the stewards and lead vehicles and motos etc it all went well.Again thanks to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

wav1 wrote: »
    Thanks to the 136 riders who pinned on numbers this morning.
    Sorry for the last minute route change but it would have been irresponsible to allow it go ahead on the original circuit due to the high numbers of vehicles and people attending the combine event.Have a history of this kind of thing.
    Alls well that ends well and with thanks to the stewards and lead vehicles and motos etc it all went well.Again thanks to all.

You seem to have some kind of magnetic effect on Combine Harvesters.
    At least today was dry.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    You seem to have some kind of magnetic effect on Combine Harvesters.
    At least today was dry.
    Yep.Even in May.Silage cutters today but they have a habit of following me about allrite.

Race worked out great Wav. Pretty safe too considering how crazy Kilmessan was.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Thanks to Wav and his team for a very well run race today. Brilliantly Marshalled. It was my first open race. I was delighted to get around with the bunch. Only lost them on last lap at the little drag before coming back into Dunsany. I enjoyed circuit which was tough. Felt mostly safe. There was 3 of us from Velo Club Balrothery there and we all finished safely. No joy with the placings but the other lads are very close to a big result. Last minute route change unnerved me a bit because I knew how messy last Kilmessan was but it all worked out great.

detones wrote: »
    Thanks to Wav and his team for a very well run race today. Brilliantly Marshalled. It was my first open race. I was delighted to get around with the bunch. Only lost them on last lap at the little drag before coming back into Dunsany. I enjoyed circuit which was tough. Felt mostly safe. There was 3 of us from Velo Club Balrothery there and we all finished safely. No joy with the placings but the other lads are very close to a big result. Last minute route change unnerved me a bit because I knew how messy last Kilmessan was but it all worked out great.
    Thanks for the comments detones.The circuit we changed to was the Kilmessan GP circuit which is NOT the same circuit as where there were previous problems a few years ago.Actually todays circuit is a very good one,albeit a bit difficult to marshall.
    On another note,the photo finish equipment supplied by Cycling Ireland failed at the finish of the A4 race after working perfectly for A3s.We were relying on the eyes at that stage and if we made an error please accept my apologies in this regard.

I think Detones means this year's Kilmessan GP which had multiple nasty crashes.

Shame about the equipment.

I think Detones means this year's Kilmessan GP which had multiple nasty crashes.

Shame about the equipment.
    Sorry forgot about that

Was the bunch a lot smaller by lap 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

wav1 wrote: »
    On another note,the photo finish equipment supplied by Cycling Ireland failed at the finish of the A4 race after working perfectly for A3s.We were relying on the eyes at that stage and if we made an error please accept my apologies in this regard.

So that's what happened! Pretty sure that I was 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    So that's what happened! Pretty sure that I was 2nd!

That's right, you were just half a wheel length behind me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement