Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Worker + Private Consultancy

Options
  • 27-04-2017 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this question is answered elsewhere but could find it.

I'm a PAYE worker and will remain so. I am starting to do some education & training at the weekends. I hope that another revenue stream will begin soon in the thing that I give the education and training on.

It won't be mad money - €200-€300 per month if I'm lucky.

Is it easier to pay tax etc through my PAYE (and I think Form 12) or set up as a sole trader, or limited company? Could someone direct me to (simple) reading resources of what I can write off and how (like a laptop/projector/software that I need for the education/training. Or anything that you think is useful.

Also, I appreciate the need for an accountant - how much wold they typically charge for something a small business and would it be worth it consider the little amount (it might no the every month).

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

citizens information 'how to comply with your tax obligations' may have some useful details, at least its easy to understand , plain english

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Also consider what professional liability insurance you need: depending n the risks, this may push you towards setting up a limited-liability company which you wouldn't need otherwise.

Advertisement