Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Drogheda transport

Options
  • 27-04-2017 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey everyone, Ive been offered a place in NUI Maynooth but I dont drive and cant afford to move up, one night a week the course is 6 - 9 pm but the Maynooth to Drogheda bus doesnt run that late, The only other option is wait around for half an hour/hour for Dublin bus to get into city centre then wait 2 hours for drogheda bus which means a 3/4 hour journey each week and hanging around Custom House Qy or Baggot street on my own at night. Is anyone aware of an easier route?

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Answer in your other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

9:05 or 10:05 train to connolly. 2.5hr trip with shorter wait in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

As above, 9.05pm or 10.05pm from Maynooth to Connolly, arriving Drogheda 2.5 hours later.

Or, try the 9.30pm Dublin Bus 67 to Merrion Sq. Get off at Bachelors Walk and walk to Tara St. for the 10.32pm to Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you'll knock 30mins off if you get the 21:05 or 22:05 train to Connolly, and then the bus from across the road at Bus Aras 10-15mins later at 22:00 or 23:00, so a 2hr journey, with less hanging around at night.
    Bus is also cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Possible wild card. Maynooth Airport Hopper to Airport and Bus to Drogheda. Probably won't be the cheapest option but might give some flexibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

you'll knock 30mins off if you get the 21:05 or 22:05 train to Connolly, and then the bus from across the road at Bus Aras 10-15mins later at 22:00 or 23:00, so a 2hr journey, with less hanging around at night.
    Bus is also cheaper.

Thanks for replying, I wouldnt make the 9.05 as id be in college until 9 and wouldnt make it over that quick, theres no 11pm bus anymore it was cut years ago, so it means standing around dublin late at night on my own. Also trains are so dear, transport will cost over 100 euro a week alone

ixus wrote: »
    9:05 or 10:05 train to connolly. 2.5hr trip with shorter wait in between.

Id be in college until 9, wouldnt make the 9.05 train

n97 mini wrote: »
    As above, 9.05pm or 10.05pm from Maynooth to Connolly, arriving Drogheda 2.5 hours later.

Or, try the 9.30pm Dublin Bus 67 to Merrion Sq. Get off at Bachelors Walk and walk to Tara St. for the 10.32pm to Drogheda.

Wouldnt make the 9.05 train as i couldnt walk over that quickly, ill try dublin bus 67, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Surely there's some student card/rate you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Doubt college wouldn't finish until the dot of nine. Even if it does then I would be making it my business to arrange with the lecturer(s) to be leaving early enough to make the 9:05.

• Advertisement
Advertisement