Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano RS610 tubeless wheels, Anyone using them?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

The wheels above are very heavy at 2kg. I know that may be mitigated slightly by not using tubes but still... e200 for 2kg+ wheels is a bit steep. FWIW, I have a set of the Ultegra's which are also tubeless compatible but I don't use them as such. Bought them for their reliability and an alternative to Mavic wheels I've bought. No problems with them as used with tubes and tyres.

IMO I'd pay e20 more and buy the Fulcrums 5's on the same site. My first set of decent wheels. Bullit proof and look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I really sliked mine, but they're f'ked now after only a few years of use. Still tempted to get the ones you mentioned with Schwalbe Ones for racing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ultegra WH 6800 wheels are tubeless ready. I'm not running them tubeless but can vouch for them as being a damn fine wheel and lighter than the 610

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Cool. Have had both rs80 and dura ace c24's and loved them. The ultegra are up there on the list if I can get them at a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Sorrym I had the WH 6700, which I thought the RS610 replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I've had a set of these for the last year or so mainly on a winter bike and ran with ordinary tires/tubes. They have been absolutely faultless. May try and put some tubeless on them in the near future. I would put them nearly on a par with the Ultegra level wheels but with inferior hubs.

I must say though the weight given on the Mantel site is wrong they work out at about 1780g.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-rs610-tubeless-road-wheelset/rp-prod121535

Advertisement