Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Approval on Jobs with High Commission Roles

Options
  • 27-04-2017 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

I'm single 29, and starting a new position which is probably balanced 50/50 Basic Commission.

For mortgage level approval, would they approve me based on my base? or Based on OTE? Or would they only factor in guaranteed earnings? I am just back in the country after spending time in Canada, so the next 6 months will be my 6 months of Bank Statements proof. Will they maybe base this as a median of my earnings, the next 6 months?

Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It will depend on the bank and the exact wording of the salary cert.

Ulster bank put me through the absolute ringer and we ended up deadlocked between me and my employer over one word. KBC took some percentage into account, other banks were unwilling to look at it at all.

Broker AND/OR do your own research.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

It will depend on the bank and the exact wording of the salary cert.

Ulster bank put me through the absolute ringer and we ended up deadlocked between me and my employer over one word. KBC took some percentage into account, other banks were unwilling to look at it at all.

Broker AND/OR do your own research.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that man. If you could give any advice as to how i should structure the wording - as I havent officially signed contract yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that man. If you could give any advice as to how i should structure the wording - as I havent officially signed contract yet.

It was all grand in the end, just didn't go with UB. I can't remember which was the magic word I'm afraid :(

It came down to 'incentive' 'commission' or 'bonus'. I can't remember which one they wanted but to be fair the underwriter was quite happy to tell me (through the bank manager) it was my lot being typically Scottish and awkward.

Advertisement