Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting pdf to word - free download

Options
  • 27-04-2017 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi
    Any help would be appreciated. I downloaded Acrobat DC Reader free version, thought it didn't charge you for converting pdf's to Word but it does.
    I've tried downloading a few free ones but all of them mess with the text & this is for some freelance piece work I'm doing.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

If you have Word 2016 (you possibly don't), you can open pdf in word and save as Word Doc

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

I have Word 2007
    It's been e-mailed as a pdf so when I open it that's what it is.
    Any way around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    It's been e-mailed as a pdf so when I open it that's what it is.
    Any way around that?

Do you have the option to right click - open with?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭xl500

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    If you have Word 2016 (you possibly don't), you can open pdf in word and save as Word Doc

He asked if you had word 2016 if so save pdf attachment from email
    and open it in word and then save as word doc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

xl500 wrote: »
    He asked if you had word 2016 if so save pdf attachment from email
    and open it in word and then save as word doc

To be fair, OP has answered that she has word 2007.
    Have you searched for "free convert pdf to word"

This looks like it should do the job:
    http://pdf2doc.com/

Disclaimer: I just googled and found this, I have no previous knowledge of the tool or how effective/safe it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Hi
    Any help would be appreciated. I downloaded Acrobat DC Reader free version, thought it didn't charge you for converting pdf's to Word but it does.
    I've tried downloading a few free ones but all of them mess with the text & this is for some freelance piece work I'm doing.

Many thanks
    For once off work get the trial version of Nitro PDF, after Adobe it was the second best offering available but be warned image quality of converted jpegs etc. Can be lower but text is generally ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I use https://smallpdf.com if I ever need to do something like this or to compress PDFs. You only get 2 free attempts per day but I am very impressed with their service and the quality of it.

Just be aware that the converted Word file may not exactly match the PDF file if it was created with tables or elaborate formatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Thanks for all the comments & suggestions guys.
    Again really appreciated. I did try some of the free conversion software online but 3 I tried were poor plus you couldn't edit the document which was the reason for exporting it in the first place, argh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you have Google Drive you could open it from that and save it out in a different format I think ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

I think you could get Cisdem PDFConverterOCR, which works on converting PDF to word easily from this statement: https://www.cisdem.com/pdf-converter-ocr-mac.html
    But if you google, you may find you can get it from some deal site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement