Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pedestrian crossing on Southern Cross Road?

Options
  • 27-04-2017 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

I noticed that since the road markings were recently re-painted on the Southern X, that markings have been added at 2 locations that would indicate future ped crossings will be installed - between the Belmont & Hollybrook estates, and also at the entrance to the IDA park.
    Makes sense considering the amount of houses & the business park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tc20 wrote: »
    I noticed that since the road markings were recently re-painted on the Southern X, that markings have been added at 2 locations that would indicate future ped crossings will be installed - between the Belmont & Hollybrook estates, and also at the entrance to the IDA park.
    Makes sense considering the amount of houses & the business park.

could do with cycle lanes as well - the road is plenty wide enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ absolutely - the chance was there to do it correctly (have cycle lanes separated from vehicular traffic) when the road was being built

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ absolutely - the chance was there to do it correctly (have cycle lanes separated from vehicular traffic) when the road was being built

that was a long time ago (20 years?) - cycle lanes weren't standard at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

loyatemu wrote: »
    that was a long time ago (20 years?) - cycle lanes weren't standard at the time.

I was thinking it must be that length of time alright, I think they revamped the layout around 8-10 years ago though too..(and could have done it then as well :) )

Advertisement