Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding someone to sign off on my physics practicals as external candidate

Options
  • 27-04-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know most teachers will be cautious about signing off students that are strangers to them but has anyone done this before? Can I hire a grinds teacher and just ask him to do it for me or is it realistically impossible to get someone willing? I have all the practicals written up for any inspection.

What happens if I sit the exam without any official recognition that I've done the practicals, do I fail even if I get an A1 (H1 now I guess) in the written exam?

If anyone wants to tell me something they're not comfortable saying in public, send me a private message. I'm from Dublin but willing to travel anywhere to meet up.

I know this is completely ridiculous and stupid but this is the situation I'm in right now, nothing I can do to go back and change things. Sorry if it offends your sensibilities that I'm talking about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

Some colleges like NUI Maynooth and DCU hold leaving cert practicals days for some of the sciences. Usually around January in Maynooth anyway. UL also do this. Maybe others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whoever you get is legally stating they have seen you do the work from start to finish.
    Contact the SEC and ask them what they suggest you do.

Advertisement