Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Flat price option" Very misleading

Options
  • 27-04-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A non bill payer in my house was approached by a door to door salesman representing yourselves on tuesday 25th april 2017.
    They were quite sold on the Broadband, Phone and TV bundle from yourselves, they believed that it was very favourable in comparison to our current deal from sky.

When I (the bill payer) came home they proceeded to recommend this deal to me.
    So the brochure that we received has the "Broadband, Phone and TV bundle"
    EUR 49 a month for a whole year and EUR 85 a month Thereafter.

Or

EUR 61 a month Flat price option.

Small print says 
    Promotional price of EUR: 49 per month is available to new eir customers only and is subject to 18 month contract.
    Small print does not refer to the flat price option.

I contacted eir by online chat on your website.

I wanted to avail of the flat price option, which compares favourably to my current deal.

I asked what price the flat price option goes to after 18 months and was told, EUR 85.

I do not think this was adequately explained in your brochure.

I feel that your advertising is very misleading and should be corrected.

Regards,

Damien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi eldamo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The flat price is only for the contract length as with most packages as a promotional offer for signing a contract.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi eldamo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The flat price is only for the contract length as with most packages as a promotional offer for signing a contract.

Thanks,
    Anna

I understand that, but i believe the documentation that I received should have stated this much more clearly. In my opinion, it does not state this at all.

Regards,

Damien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I completely understand and I do apologise.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement