Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Home + Free Chromecast - £129 @Argos UK

• 27-04-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭

You also get 3 mts Google Music sub and £10 off £100 spend currently.

Might be useful is you are near the border...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

degsie wrote: »

You also get 3 mts Google Music sub and £10 off £100 spend currently.

Might be useful is you are near the border...

Would Parcel Motel work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would Parcel Motel work?

You could order it from their ebay store I suppose:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-Home-Voice-Activated-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-Google-Assistant-/332176490009

Looks like a dirt / fingerprint / dust / dog hair magnet designed by sony in the mid 90s. They want extra for a metal base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Would Parcel Motel work?

You could but it adds £3.95 for delivery, plus I don't think you can avail of the £10 off £100 as that might be in-store only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would Parcel Motel work?

Had no issues ordering from Argos UK to Parcel Wizard last week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Looks like a dirt / fingerprint / dust / dog hair magnet designed by sony in the mid 90s. They want extra for a metal base.

It looks perfectly fine in person, it sits in my living room.

No fingerprints on it, you don't touch it *, you control it by voice.

* you can control the volume by touch, but no need, you can do it by voice too. And even when you do touch it, it doesn't leave fingerprints, it isn't that type of plastic.

And how in gods name would it get dog hair on it :confused:

Dust, yes, the top of it can get a little dusty if you don't dust it. But that only takes like 2 seconds to do, whenever you dust your room.

BTW the functionality of this thing is just amazing. I highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Does anyone know if Google Home work with Google Music in Ireland?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ludo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Google Home work with Google Music in Ireland?

It does. Also Spotify Premium works great.

Even though it isn't officially available in Ireland, for the most part it works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

Does it work with the Nest does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

ok..order made with Argos to deliver with Parcel Motel. Not a bargain really this, but I have been holding off on The Amazon Echo to wait for this. Hopefully a new Chromecast to come with it also ( to add to my collection).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I saw your post for €119 and i got excited :pac:

sorry to get your hopes up - had to ninja edit there!

SteM wrote: »
    Does it work with the Nest does anyone know?

Yes, you can tell it to turn on the heat, check the temperature, etc.

BTW folks who get this or interested in this might like to check out the Home Automation & Internet of Things (IOT) forum here on boards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

And I've a FAQ about Google Home here, a little out of date now in some areas, I need to update it, but still a good starting point:

bk wrote: »
    BTW folks who get this or interested in this might like to check out the Home Automation & Internet of Things (IOT) forum here on boards:

And I've a FAQ about Google Home here, a little out of date now in some areas, I need to update it, but still a good starting point:

Don't.... It'll lead to the start of a rabbit hole.... A very expensive rabbit hole :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was lucky for my friends sister to get me one of these in the Black Friday sale last year when she was over in the US last year for $99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

bought a google chrome cast but it will not connect to my wifi, it recognises it is there and also gives the number up on the screen would keeps failing to connect, anyone any idea on how to fix this???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

bought a google chrome cast but it will not connect to my wifi, it recognises it is there and also gives the number up on the screen would keeps failing to connect, anyone any idea on how to fix this???

You'll need to install the Google Home App onto your phone or else work off your computer - https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/

Great Bargain - really want to get Google Home but I'm quick to latch onto expensive hobbies so must resist :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Are you using a vpn?

I know that I had a few issues due to using hola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Are you using a huawei router - I'd same issue..
    This thread has the solution:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057343899

• Advertisement

Got this to work but when I cast mobdro on to tv it works great for about 6mins then is stopps working, happens about the same time all the time, have only tried casting mobdro , any ideas why this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Have you got an Adblocker on? How is the signal?

the signal is very good, don't have an add blocker on so not sure what is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

bk wrote: »
    It does. Also Spotify Premium works great.

Even though it isn't officially available in Ireland, for the most part it works very well.

better than the Echo BK?

sweetie wrote: »
    better than the Echo BK?

That is a though question. I've actually both (GHome, full sized Echo and Echo Dot).

The full sized Echo has slightly better audio then the GHome (but barely noticeable), but on the other hand, GHome voice interaction is more natural, search powered by Google is a hundred times better then the Echo's Bing powered search, etc.

From the moment I'm keeping both, but I feel like if GHome keeps getting new features as quickly as it has up till now, that I'll probably sell the Echo and get a second GHome for the bedroom.

Advertisement