Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aran island flight

Options
  • 27-04-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know are flights still operating? I remember it was to be taken off Aer Arann and given to a helicopter company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know are flights still operating? I remember it was to be taken off Aer Arann and given to a helicopter company.

still going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Ginger83 wrote: »

it was taken off them and Aer Arann went bananas theyre was a whole world of skull duggery went on

Aer Arran are still flying and the service is up for "Tender"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bazzy wrote: »
    it was taken off them and Aer Arann went bananas theyre was a whole world of skull duggery went on

Aer Arran are still flying and the service is up for "Tender"

Not just "Aer Arann", the residents of the island did not like the Helicopter idea, plus it the helicopter was to go from carnmore airport, which closed down before the contract was due to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

As far as I know the tendering is over now and Aer Arann Islands have it long term again.

Advertisement